cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S20 Ultra Not Getting VZW System Update 7 for 5G

I bought an unlocked S 20 Ultra direct from Samsung. It came with a Verizon SIM card and I installed and activated the phone no problem. Last week at the Apple event, Verizon turned on "Nationwide" 5G. My wife's S20 plus was able to get the software update from Verizon and can access the 5G nationwide network, but so far I have not been able to get it on my phone.

I have tried numerous calls and chats with technical support. I have restarted the network connections, the phone, I have even removed the SIM card and waited 5 minutes before reinstalling them.

Is there anyone out there they knows how I can get the update pushed to my phone, or a place I can download and install System Update 7 to enable this feature. I do not like paying for access that I cannot get. Any help is much appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: S20 Ultra Not Getting VZW System Update 7 for 5G

For unlocked phones.. Samsung needs to push an update out first. Once that is complete, Verizon will push their update out for 5G.

The bad part is that this will not happen until Verizon completes the roll out to the actual Verizon branded phones and Samsung has no timeline as to when this will happen, if it will be a patch, or a completely new software update.
Highlighted

I'm in the same boat. I wasn't able to get to much info from Verizon or Samsung. They both say the phone is compatible for the Nationwide 5g network (duh. lol) They pointed to the other party to be responsible. Basically, it's suppose to get an update from Samsung at some point to be able to connect. If you're familiar with flashing firmware on samsung phones with the program odin, that's another option.
Highlighted
Comet

you will get it soon.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: S20 Ultra Not Getting VZW System Update 7 for 5G

how do you know. do you have any sources ? did u speak with any one from Samsung or vzw. becoz I did speak with both and they are playing ping pong game
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Re: Re: S20 Ultra Not Getting VZW System Update 7 for 5G

I don't need sources to know what I already know. You don't have to believe me.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm in same boat. contacted both samsung pro support and vzw advance tech support. both are playing ping pong and blaming each other. in short , no timeline for updates. with Samsung's track record. I m thinking of selling my Galaxy s20 ultra 5g online and just get pixel 5.
Highlighted
Astronaut

just got update with November patch. however, still no 5G option in netwroks. I'm not surprised. it's samsung. you don't expect quick updates from them. so I don't know how long I will be using this 5G phone without 5g becoz of samsung.
Highlighted
Halo

You just have to wait for the firmware updates. Neither Samsung nor Verizon will commit to a specific date for the updates.