JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra: Samsung Gallery showing not compatible

(Topic created: 11-24-2022 10:30 PM)
Whyy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So....all of a sudden Samsung gallery is showing not compatible with my S20 Ultra and all of my photo/video files are gone. Ummmm...what's going on? Did the software updates cause this?? 

3 Replies
AfricanLionBat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
When you say it says it's not compatible, do you mean in the galaxy store or is the icon there still but won't let you open it?
0 Likes
userktznJJg12y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Interesting that my Gallery photos are not showing up in other apps, only Google photos. Anyone else having this problem with S22?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey there @Whyy,

Thanks for reaching out for assistance.

I can definitely understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to access your photos and videos on your phone.

Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if it will help resolve the symptoms you are experiencing.

Clear cache partition: 

1. Click and hold Volume Down Button and Power Key until the screen completely light off.

2. press and hold Volume Up Key and Power Button together.

3. Recovery Mode Menu will be displayed, and you can let out all buttons.

4. Scroll down to Wipe cache partition and confirm it by Power Button.

5. Now, choose the Yes position.

6. When process is complete select Reboot system now.

Doing this step above is always good to do after a software update.

Also, make sure all of your apps are up-to-date to the latest version. (FYI: Apps always need updating after a software or security update.)

I would also encourage testing your phone in safe mode to eliminate any third-party apps that may be causing this to occur.

Follow the steps below to boot your phone into Safe Mode:

1. First, completely power off the phone.

2. Turn on the device and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the Volume down key.

3. If done correctly, "Safe mode" will display in the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe mode" does not appear, repeat the previous steps.

4. Once you're in Safe mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues.

Start by removing apps that were updated or installed when the problem started.

5. To exit Safe mode, simply restart your phone or tablet, and it will reboot normally. Or, you can tap the Safe mode notification; swipe down from the top of the screen, and then tap the Safe mode is on notification. Tap Turn off.

You can also find these exact steps in this link here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Now, if you are still experiencing the same symptoms, I would recommend submitting an error report in the Samsung Members app.

You can do so by following these steps:

1. Long press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen and Tap Error reports.

2. Tap OK on the agreement popup to send system log data

3. Select Symptom category

4. Describe the problem in detail and SEND.