JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra WhatsApp mic issues, other end can't hear me

(Topic created: 05-27-2020 05:55 PM)
userbBB6pd6S31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I also have whats app mic issues.... It works fine sometimes and people can hear me on WhatsApp call... Then randomly during the day it will fail and I can hear the other person and they can't hear me. Sometimes the phone evens says there is a mic issue and suggests to restart. Samsung... Please fix this bug. I can't keep restarting my phone to get whatapp calling to work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

If the issue does not occur with the stock app, and only happens when using third-party apps, then the device is not at fault for the issue occurring. It sounds like a VOIP or app issue, for issues with VOIP you would need to speak with your carrier. For issues with the apps themselves, you can find developer contact information listed on the Google Play Store page for each app. I apologize for the inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

41 Replies
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi there, is this occurring only with WhatsApp? Are you experiencing this with other apps or with the stock phone app? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userbBB6pd6S31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi standard stock phone app and calling works 100 % all the time, sound both directions .   However sometimes on WhatsApp calling, I can hear the other end, but they can't hear me. But there are times where it works fine. So clearly intermittent issue and I don't know what triggers it to stop working. Yet if switching back to a normal phone call the mic will work and people can hear me . lThe only way I figured out was to restart the phone and then it works again on WhatsApp

0 Likes
userbBB6pd6S31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I use another work teleconference app which I belive used the WiFi, which I've noticed that is not working either so people can't hear me. 

0 Likes
userbBB6pd6S31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Steph, how can we lodge this issue with the mic with Samsung ? I've still got the issue on the flagship S20 Ultra.  It's ultra annoying, and sometimes the software os even acknowledges the problem as a pop up comes up and says there is a problem with the mic, so surely this is an easy code fix?

I've not experienced the mic disconnect mid way thro the call its normally at initiation of the call on the voip apps. Never on the main phone app.  Also one workaround that once worked was when whatsapp calling didn't work, switch to use the main phone app, then use say whatsapp again and the mic works again

0 Likes
Samsung_O9uipEu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

The issue happens also with Samsung Voice recorder!

0 Likes
userJob3Xs3gYL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I face same bug. Its annoying. Why has samsung not fixed it? Will they return money as long as they r not fixing it?

userMtFGM5Sqda
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I face the same problem. I've used many VOIP and video apps (Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.) and I keep having the same problem with my S20 using Whatsapp voice calls (it doesn't happen on video calls). Every c. 5 minutes, the other side can't hear me for about 5-6 seconds while I can hear them perfectly. It doesn't always happen, there is a random element here. There is no issue with connections, and it happens wether on 4G or wireless. Help please 🙂

user3yxrdPEHJz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have exactly the same problem. I used many VOIP apps. I even sent it for repairs to Samsung support and it was sent back as "fixed" but it was not fixed. I am sending it back for support again.

0 Likes
user45RQ5yCLKg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem and can't find any fix. Mi mic works very well in conference mode with a regular call but on whatsup people can hardly hear me speak.

0 Likes