cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S20 Ultra WhatsApp mic issues, other end can't hear me

I also have whats app mic issues.... It works fine sometimes and people can hear me on WhatsApp call... Then randomly during the day it will fail and I can hear the other person and they can't hear me. Sometimes the phone evens says there is a mic issue and suggests to restart. Samsung... Please fix this bug. I can't keep restarting my phone to get whatapp calling to work.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S20 Ultra WhatsApp mic issues, other end can't hear me

Hi there, is this occurring only with WhatsApp? Are you experiencing this with other apps or with the stock phone app? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi standard stock phone app and calling works 100 % all the time, sound both directions .   However sometimes on WhatsApp calling, I can hear the other end, but they can't hear me. But there are times where it works fine. So clearly intermittent issue and I don't know what triggers it to stop working. Yet if switching back to a normal phone call the mic will work and people can hear me . lThe only way I figured out was to restart the phone and then it works again on WhatsApp

Highlighted
Constellation

I use another work teleconference app which I belive used the WiFi, which I've noticed that is not working either so people can't hear me.