JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra WiFi issues with Android 11

(Topic created on: 12/23/20 9:06 AM)
tberman333
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Since getting Android 11 on my S20 Ultra I have had constent WiFi issues. While in my house it shows I am connected to WiFi, but I get no data. I started to experience this during the Android 11 Beta and reported it multiple times. After the official release came out, I reported this to Samsung support and they said it was a problem with my phone (after I factory reset it).  Based on that and the fact that my phone was still under warranty, they sent me a new phone. Even with the new phone I continue to have the problems, so this is obviously a software issue. I have tried updating the location settings on the phone to turn off getting more detailed location using WiFi.  That seemed to fix the issue for a day or two, but it has since come back. I hope Samsung is able to fix this issue, if not my next phone will be a Pixel (even though I have been loyal to Samsung for my last 4 phones).  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

try turn off this setting

Settings > Location > Google Location Accuracy Off

i submitted a ticket through samsung members app and they said they are working on the fix and will release the wifi issue

View solution in context

10 Replies
Lakeborn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I agree it's clearly a OS or Software issue, my S20 Ultra worked great until the new version of Android was installed (ver11). Now my device will randomly disconnect itself from my own wifi network. Now it's not the phone because my device was working seamlessly prior to the update. And now it's crapping out all the time. Samsung, Google / Android, and Spectrum, better get their sh*t together ...
userAQlpF49wr5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue here on my S20+. Before the update no issues. After the update to Android 11 my WiFi keeps crashing. 

Samsung EU says it's a issue with my phone.

userBaHPZZYSw3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I had to set up a static route from my router. I am double NAT'd.  But this is NOT what the normal user should need to do. It's a software issue. 

Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the same issue! I took note when you said "my own" WiFi... this also only happens for me in my own home with my Google WiFi router. I had no problems before Android 11. I have a regular S20.
0 Likes
userz5miiWF3OH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm exactly the same: I've got Google WiFi and have had an S20 + for almost a year, no problem till the update, now it disconnects all the time - my wife's iPhone has no problems and I have no problems on my work WiFi. Turning google location accuracy off helps, but then some of my apps don't work properly so that isn't a long term solution.

userPiDyfAfDiA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Also experiencing this issue on my S20 Ultra. Never had any issues before android 11.
Solution
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

try turn off this setting

Settings > Location > Google Location Accuracy Off

i submitted a ticket through samsung members app and they said they are working on the fix and will release the wifi issue

View solution in context

tberman333
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I have done that. it does not work for me for some reason, but this fix does seem to work for most people
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks for this. For me it makes things a little more consistent but I'm still losing connection with my home wifi occasionally. Plus you have to deal with the notices that you should turn that service back on! 🥺

I'm really frustrated since this is the most expensive phone I've ever bought and it was working perfectly before this upgrade. (I have the S20)
0 Likes