cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

S20 Ultra apps losing connection?

Frequently my apps lose connection to the internet, individually. For example, Facebook or Reddit might tell me I'm offline. I can swap to another app and verify connectivity, swap back to the falling app and meet the same error. The only fix seems to be force closing the app or switching between WiFi and cellular. Am I alone or are others seeing the same?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: S20 Ultra apps losing connection?

Hello jarland

That's look like just a software issue can you backup the phone then do a factory reset :

1. Powered off you phone, press and hold the “Volume up “and “Bixby” buttons.
  2. Continue to hold both buttons, then press and release the “Power” button to power the device on.
  3. Release all buttons when Samsung logo appears.
  4. Use the volume buttons to toggle the selection “Wipe data / factory reset”

let me know if that work for you 
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the same problem. Happens all the time to my new S20+. Does not happen with any other device.

Just installed the new system update this morning, problem is still there. $1200 phone is nearly useless with this problem.

Did the factory reset work?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

hello @Jarland and @usergLjj2nJpfQ 

i was having a similar problem the other day and resetting my network settings fixed the issue

settings->general management->reset->reset network settings

now doing this will reset not only your phone to your carriers default network settings, but will also reset your WiFi and bluetooth settings as well. Hope this helps.

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Highlighted
Asteroid

Unfortunately, I had already tried that. At first, I thought it did the trick. But by the next day, the drops were back and nothing was changed.

I'm not sure if I got a bad phone or not... but since I've seen so many others with the exact same problem, I assume it's bigger than just my specific device.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Are you in a full 5G area? Another problem with the Ultra being 5G by default is that unfortunately,5G isn't available everywhere and in some places where it is available, it's so darn slow that it's giving connection errors.

If your 5G service is spotty,you can change your network mode to LTE and should have no problems connecting as all major carriers have good 4G/LTE coverage Nationwide. 

Settings-connections-mobile networks-network mode- LTE/3G/2G auto connect

When I was having my problems I had reached out to my carrier and they said I would be best to use LTE until 5G was fully rolled out.

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!