cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 Ultra back camera lens flawed design cracks from normal use

S20 Ultra back camera lens flawed design cracks from normal use. I have only had my phone for 2 weeks and have experienced the same issue. I have a very thick case on my phone as well, but the camera protrudes so much that setting the phone down on the table could have caused my camera lens glass to crack. Since the back glass and camera glass are all one peace you will need the buy the entire part. Unfortunately, you cannot get parts for this phone anywhere besides Samsung’s repair HQ in Texas. They won’t sell you the part and will charge $100 to ship it out to them for repair. Now I have to deal with a cracked camera lens glass until 3rd parties get the replacement back glass in stock.

Samsung employees admit this is an issue but will read off the same script telling you that its your fault and that you will need to pay to get it fix. Its mind boggling that this could happen from normal use. I feel like as more cases are reported Samsung will acknowledge this and not charge people for this repair.

I have checked multiple sources for this replacement back glass with no luck:

eBay

AliExpress

UBREAKIFIX

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: S20 Ultra back camera lens flawed design cracks from normal use

Due to the new s20 ultra 10x optical zoom, the space is needed for the movement. As one poster showed, the 3rd party case is a great option to protect the camera glass from being played down on hard surfaces, or camera glass screen protectors are also available for the s20 Ultra that would help just like a screen protector.

Highlighted
Product Expert

sorry to hear that, with a camera like the s20 ultra extending out, getting a case thats solid to protect it is recommended. if you find yourself moving a lot a thick case is preferred. if you dont use it much a lighter case might work. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here. I baby my phone but I just noticed I have a crack going from one side to the other......phone has been in a Samsung cas we from day 1 and never dropped.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello userRZaSIwYHJh

Sorry to hear that you are noticing a crack on your lovely phone. Due to the fact that we can not appreciate how the crack is, I would recommend you to either contact the local and nearest UbreakIfix Stores or contact 1800Samsung for further diagnostics and how you can get your phone fixed ( always back up your data before any service)

How to Back up Data:

Memory Card Back up:

Settings>Accounts and Backup>Smart Switch>Select "Memory Card" top right corner>Back up Data.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Are you illtreat? Did you even bother reading my entire post? No one wants to be without their phone. Having to send it into Samsung for such a petty repair. Either provide parts to your authorized dealer UBREAKIFIX loacaitons or have them ship back glasses to customers from your Texas repair facility.

I have checked multiple sources for this replacement back glass with no luck:

eBay

AliExpress

UBREAKIFIX

Highlighted
Constellation

just look into my phone and have exactly same problem camera its crack and i dint even drop it

Highlighted
Constellation

We bought two S20 Ultras and both of them developed the crack within 4 days of each other. We noticed it on the first one on a Monday and got it fixed at UbreakIfix on Thursday. Today, on Friday, I noticed the same problem on my phone. We've never dropped our phones so this definitely looks like a product design issue.

Highlighted

It happened to me yesterday‼️ I thought I was losing my mind, because I know I didn't drop it and I have a good case. I'm glad I did some research or I would have thought it was my fault.