JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created on: 3/17/20 4:54 AM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

659 Replies
user5d34Qq4x6i
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Today he broke the glass on my phone by itself,  it did not fall to the ground Samsung must fix this issue,  I was paid 1367 euro for this crapp. Avoid thi telephone !!!

Samsung_nfiZhOl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I don't drop my phone's, I don't toss them they are expensive and I take care of them. Now my s20 ultra camera module has a crack going across it and I have no idea how again never dropped or hit. I know everyone says they do anything but if I was a dummy and did something I'd own it that module it super fragile and well I won't recommend it to anyone. First phone ever that I won't be able to trade in I'm so mad what a waste.

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

You can look into getting it fixed, but it probably won't be cheap. BTW, dropping or tossing the phone is not the only way damage can occur. There are pressure cracks that can happen in your pocket, or a sudden change of ambient temperature can cause glass to crack.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
user30O4Z4Q8gj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My phone has done the same think. I have never broken my phone before. This is quickly becoming a lemon. 

userYIEOcabEnv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

The exact same happened to me. I have not dropped it and been very gentle to it. Then one day, there was a crack over the camera module screen. 

laugher
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey @Geno71 - I think our concern as S20 Ultra users is that the glass protecting the camera array is too fragile. I have owned over 20 touchscreen phones  since the launch of the original iPhone and I can tell you now, never once have I had a phone where the front screen of the phone fractured or had a hole punched through it.

Its great that Corning Gorilla Glass 6 (or whatever implementation was used in the S20 Ultra) was used but I think that slab of glass at the back is TOO THIN. Engineering standards needs to take into account real world usage. If Samsung designed the S20 Ultra to have a thin piece of extremely fragile glass protecting the camera array, they need to identify it as a defect if users are breaking it simply by putting the phone down on the table because we have already paid over USD$1400 for the phone, its crazy for us to continue to pay USD$150+ to fix the glass at the back every few months.

Further, another post of mine was deleted but Samsung needs to find out if that zoom lens is causing the fracture on the glass because I, for one have not treated my phone roughly at all. I am super gentle with my new phone and for it to have a fracture developed at the back is just ridiculous so the only other conclusion we can draw is that the zoom lens is somehow breaking our glass.

Can you help raise this with Samsung please? It may be possible that a batch of phones were produced out of standards. Regardless, people are seeing broken glass way too easily on these phones and Samsung needs to do the right thing and investigate thoroughly instead of asking customers to fork out additional $$$ to fix a problem which may re-occur.

Samsung_nfiZhOl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I know that's not the only way for it to crack I was just trying to make a point that I wasn't careless. The other conditions you mentioned I'd have to say under normal circumstances if one of those caused it I'd call that defective/faulty materials definitely not something that you should expect to deal with on a $1400 phone.

user5d34Qq4x6i
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

HI friends, GOOD NEWS !!!

Samsung has fixed mine broken camera  glas...... free of charge !!!, telphone it has thin hairline crack. 

Samsung has confirmed manufacturing failure !!!

You  must yust coplaine and be persistent in Samsung service  IT is Samsung mistake !!

Im from Slovenia EU.

userYqdl4aVEKb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Had this phone since 25th of April, same exact issue without dropping it either. 

Company is trying to sweep this issue under the rug and not have to pay for it. <edit>.

userPHwB6Rkk4e
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My wife S20 camera glass just shattered. Looks like a little bullet hole.  Doesn't know how it happened wasn't dropped. It's also in a Otterbox case and has been since it was purchased.