cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Broken rear camera glass s20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same thing happen to me. I've come across so many others that have had their camera crack for not apparent reason. I talked to a Samsung rep and told them that users all over the community are saying the same thing. His exact quote in response to that: 

"It's normal to any phone manufacturer community pages, most of the people who damage their phones say it just broke on its own to try to get around the warranty but all the devices are tested for quality before it becomes available in the market that's why it isn't covered by the warranty."

So basically saying we are all lying.

<edit>

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is cracked in the exact same spot!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They told me the same but yet it is all over the internet as you have stated. Also on their very own site 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list - not only did my back camera lens shatter, my whole screen is scratched and gouged. I keep it in my front pocket and I have a desk job and I have carried phones this same way for nearly a decade. I am very dissapointed in this phone at this price point. This is the most fragile phone I have ever had.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Now we have to see if they have the glass available

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I heard they didn't yet‼️ I went to take a picture and my camera's glass was broke. I didn't drop it, and it's in a good case. I tried to get it fix as soon as I noticed it today, but they don't have the class available yet. I was told to check back in 3 weeks. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Chippy111

Do you mean " glass "

You said class 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

s20-shattered.jpg

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

there are Samsung Care Authorized Repair Centres (UBREAKIFIX & Samsung Experience Stores) throughout the country that can perform all types of repairs on Samsung products. If your back glass is broken, they can make sure they replace it with OEM parts, and not only that, but also make it water resistant again. They also run tests on it after the repair to make sure the phone is in as-new condition.

To see the authorized repair centres near you: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Let me know if this helps. Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Both mine and my wife's have cracked glass on the cameras. Neither of us have dropped or been rough with them. Both are in cases.  Pretty sure both broke in pockets.