JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created: 03-26-2020 09:32 AM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

657 Replies
Striff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Can you provide any proof.

Receipt / email etc.

This will help all of us where Samsung is still refusing to fix.

userw0JK0TA18T
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
0 Likes
userw0JK0TA18T
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I Had to pay 64 euros to repair it in Lithuania.

usergxJslL4p9h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue here, a hairline crack.  I feel Samsung should be dealing with this rather than making the consumer pay for their flaw. 

userHV4iAMgcUL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

this exact same thing happened to me as well. Cracked all across my camera glass but had been on the charger all night. My phone stays in a good case and has not been dropped or anything. I've had Samsung for years and never had a phone crack. With this being the most expensive one EVER, this should not happen. 

userh80BWbkeFF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

S20 Ultra back camera lens flawed design cracks from normal use. I have only had my phone for 2 weeks and have experienced the same issue. I have a very thick case on my phone as well, but the camera protrudes so much that setting the phone down on the table could have caused my camera lens glass to crack. Since the back glass and camera glass are all one peace you will need the buy the entire part. Unfortunately, you cannot get parts for this phone anywhere besides Samsung’s repair HQ in Texas. They won’t sell you the part and will charge $100 to ship it out to them for repair. Now I have to deal with a cracked camera lens glass until 3rd parties get the replacement back glass in stock.

Samsung employees admit this is an issue but will read off the same script telling you that its your fault and that you will need to pay to get it fix. Its mind boggling that this could happen from normal use. I feel like as more cases are reported Samsung will acknowledge this and not charge people for this repair.

I have checked multiple sources for this replacement back glass with no luck:

eBay

AliExpress

UBREAKIFIX

Cobrakhai
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Due to the new s20 ultra 10x optical zoom, the space is needed for the movement. As one poster showed, the 3rd party case is a great option to protect the camera glass from being played down on hard surfaces, or camera glass screen protectors are also available for the s20 Ultra that would help just like a screen protector.

Brian_SMG
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

sorry to hear that, with a camera like the s20 ultra extending out, getting a case thats solid to protect it is recommended. if you find yourself moving a lot a thick case is preferred. if you dont use it much a lighter case might work. 

userRZaSIwYHJh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here. I baby my phone but I just noticed I have a crack going from one side to the other......phone has been in a Samsung cas we from day 1 and never dropped.

Christian-837
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello userRZaSIwYHJh

Sorry to hear that you are noticing a crack on your lovely phone. Due to the fact that we can not appreciate how the crack is, I would recommend you to either contact the local and nearest UbreakIfix Stores or contact 1800Samsung for further diagnostics and how you can get your phone fixed ( always back up your data before any service)

How to Back up Data:

Memory Card Back up:

Settings>Accounts and Backup>Smart Switch>Select "Memory Card" top right corner>Back up Data.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes