cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Broken rear camera glass s20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung will tell you they've never heard of the problem.  I'm angry. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have only had my phone for 2 weeks and have experienced the same issue. I have a very thick case on my phone as well, but the camera protrudes so much that setting the phone down on the table could have caused my camera lens glass to crack. Since the back glass and camera glass are all one peace you will need the buy the entire part. Unfortunately, you cannot get parts for this phone anywhere besides Samsung’s repair HQ in Texas. They won’t sell you the part and will charge $100 to ship it out to them for repair. Now I have to deal with a cracked camera lens glass until 3rd parties get the replacement back glass in stock.

Samsung employees admit this is an issue but will read off the same script telling you that its your fault and that you will need to pay to get it fix. Its mind boggling that this could happen from normal use. I feel like as more cases are reported Samsung will acknowledge this and not charge people for this repair.

I have checked multiple sources for this replacement back glass with no luck:

eBay

AliExpress

UBREAKIFIX

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you guys have a phone like this you need to be extra careful. Why would you put any phone in your pocket put it in a secure case. Thank God every phone i have had nothing bad happened because I treat it with kid gloves.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a manufacturing defect.

I'm sure everyone knows how to be careful with a phone there mom.lol been using my pocket for over 10 years with no issues. This phone shouldn't be doing this.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So that is the deal they make a very expensive phone with the glass to cover the lens so fragile just to make money in the repair. I been using samsung since the galaxy s5 but i think this is gonna be the last phone i buy from Samsung. is not worthy.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have sameish issue however camera glass is fine but most of back glass is shattered. Been in a Samsung approved cover since new and only noticed this today when removing it to clean out potential covid virus. Is it possible the heat from fast charge has caused this as I know for a fact my phone has never been dropped. Also to add, at the cost of this phone you can be sure it has been treated with the utmost care.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

something happened to me today. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did this happen after fast charging? 

Does your phone heat up? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had just the exact same issue happen to mine..  I haven't dropped my phone either.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue obviously a desgin fault NOT cosmetic

Mine broke this morning in my pocket its ina tech24 case never dropped less than month old.

Its unacceptable to pay this much for a phone and this to happen service centre are closed 

Should be free repair with better glass or recall