cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Product Expert

Re: S20 Ultra Cracked camera Glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userwrMqYClfeV 

Im sorry to hear about your issue and you should contact Samsung to find out their repair policy.

You can find the contact information online through the Contact Us or you can even chat with a representative through the Samsung Members App. I advise being very careful with your phone as it is no longer water resistant. 

Hope this helps! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All authorised Samsung centres are closed due to Covid 19.

I guess I'm stuck with a faulty phone until after the crisis is over. 

Not happy

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same happened with mine. Didn't even drop it. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems like there was a massive thermal problem with wireless charging, i don't leave my phone on any charger overnight and seems to keep me from having issues please keep us up to date on your Repair

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not good when you use a Samsung wireless charge pad with your Samsung phone all within Samsung's guidelines and you have thermal issues.

Next thing will be batteries exploding and catching fire, I hope history is not repeating itself. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UBreakiFix can repair it they still do repairs in store at your house and you can mail it in they still do in one day procedures

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately not an option where I am.

But thanks 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yup, same here $130 wasted. thumbnail_20200424_142120.jpgthumbnail_20200424_142202.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you order this yourself? I can't find a replacement online anywhere 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yet another case of the S20 Ultra camera glass cracking inexplicably

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the S20 ultra since the day it came out, and about the only good things I have to say about it are that it has good battery life and the 120hz refresh rate is nice.

That being said, for a phone marketed for its camera array, it takes pretty awful pictures, even when you can get the darn thing to focus. I have a nice case for the phone, and earlier tonight, I had the phone setting with the screen facing down on a table next to my couch. I reached over to pick up my phone, and noticed that there was a huge hole in the glass screen covering the camera array, with cracks reaching from the hole to the edge of the glass in every direction. 

I know it wasnt like that when I last set it down, so I looked on the table ,and there were little pieces of glass around where the phone was sitting. I looked into the issue, and apparently quite a few others have had the camera glass break in a similar manner, but Samsung refuses to fix it, citing it as a cosmetic issue which costs $400+ to fix at one of their authorized repair centers, which aren't even open right now. 

This is simply, absolutely unacceptable from a $1400 phone, and it will be the last Samsung product I ever buy. I tried to return the phone before this ever happened within the return window and try out an iPhone since they take such nice photos, which is what attracted me to the s20 ultra in the first place. However, the new iphones were sold out nationwide at the time, so I had to hold onto this piece of junk. Dont waste your money on this thing folks.