Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Rear camera

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

There are numerous Samsung Care authorized centres that can repair physical damage on a phone for you

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These phones launched less than 4 weeks ago. It is design flaw; no fault of my own. Why on earth should I have to take it to a repair center?? There are no repair centers open right now due to COVID-19 and I can't even take the phones back. Samsung needs to step up and fix the design flaw. 

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jellodragon maybe you missed my post.

Sure, we can go to an authorised repair shop and get it fixed but I for one want to understand if this problem is a once off. You really can't expect us to simply fork out more cash after spending $$$$$ to buy this phone and then to fix a problem when we don't know what's causing it right? Who's to say it won't happen again because maybe that zoom lens is pushing out too far for a batch (or more) of these phones?

Look. I'm sure we all have better use of our time then to all drop our phones or take a screwdriver and punch holes in the camera glass. Look at how many people are reporting the issue. It's growing.

Samsung needs to do what's right and exchange our phones with a recent batch that has had extra quality assurance processes look through it at the very least so that we can determine if it's just a bad batch.

This is a relative new phone. I'm sure no one will be happy until Samsung does at least this.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

S20 Ultra Broken rear Camera glass - maybe this is the reason>

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems websites and other blog sites are now reporting on the S20 Ultra rear camera glass issues.

I found this one particually incitful as to maybe the reason why

There's websites now reporting about the cmera galss issue.

I found this one incitful to perhaps the reason why this is happening..

I just hope Samsung takes this seriously and not just palms it off as "misuse" or "comsetic damage"

"Hardened glass does get weaker as panel size increases, but manufacturers compensate for that in screens by bonding the glass to the OLED or LCD panel underneath. It’s possible that the S20 Ultra’s oversized camera module is just too big, making it easier to damage the glass simply by carrying the phone around. "
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S20 Ultra Broken rear Camera glass - maybe this is the reason>

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Makes perfect sense.

Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 Ultra Broken Glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Camera Glass Breakage.. <edit>

Even the most Supporters of Samsung agree, this is a design problem.  

My pre-ordered S20 ULTRA had a crack on day one. Not sure if it was broken in box or my pocket this first day. I did not notice until 3 nightspot photos had a streak and I looked at len to see the micro fractures.

Samsung of course will not admit to problem nor repair under warranty. 

<edit> But, Samsung WILL PAY.  By Samsing paying, perhaps they will be havevto make conxessiobs to repair current problems but also fix the problem. They will also have incentive to assure they fo not disregard their customers. 

The fact Samsung is stating its not their problem while secretly changing design specs is despicable to me.

<edit>

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20 Ultra Broken Glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue. Haven't had the phone for a month even and the rear camera is broken by itself hairline crack . I wont to repair Samsung becouse is manufacture issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Broken rear camera glass s20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue. Haven't had the phone for a month even and the rear camera is broken by itself.  Never have I ever put it in my pocket or even a table, when I put it for charging I have a leather puff I put it on. When I put it in my bag I have extra pocket i put it in so it doesn't touch any keys or any other surface, But still its a hairline fracture on the rear camera, paid 16 000 kr for it approximately 1600 $. Will check out tomorrow if it is possible to change the phone by warranty.  Seems like it is time to go over to a IPhone if Samsung is going to make such poor phones they cash in so much money of.  Feels like a total ripoff paying so much money for such a defect phone. And if it had so poor quality theyshould have written about it on their ad, thats its a self breaking rear camera. The phone feels useless and I have totally lost the taste of this phone by reading so many consumers have the same issue. Samsung recall your defected phones back or we will stop buying you products. I have been a user of Samsung phones since S2 came in the market and always sweared by their phones, but now I just feel ripped off

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here!!!! Didn't  drop the phone and it has crashed I DONT KNOW HOWWWWWW!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S20 ultra 5g the camera broke without reason, I had to pay $250 dedutible to Asurion we need a  Class action Lawsuit