cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S20 Ultra Experiencing Random Broken Camera Glass; Where Are You From?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchased my phone a few days ago, and while researching things about the camera stumbled across an enormous amount of threads saying that many users were experiencing a break or hole in the glass surrounding their cameras from it just being in their pocket, or after having set it on the charger over night, etc.

Since I know a lot of Samsung products are manufactured in different factories and some phones are sent with different internal processors across different parts of the world, I am super curious to know if the glass being used is NOT uniform across the design in all regions...or it could be...that is why I made the post.

If you have a moment and don't mind, could you post if you have had this issue and where you are from? Thank you for your time!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20 Ultra Experiencing Random Broken Camera Glass; Where Are You From?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am in Australia and just noticed tonight I have a hairline crack in my camera glass. Phone has always been in case and never dropped. I will contact Samsung tomorrow. 

Highlighted
Constellation

S20 Ultra camera cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a random hairline crack above the zoom lense and I have no idea how it got there. I have been very careful with this phone since release.

Highlighted
Constellation

Camara glass crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my new s20 ultra about 2 months ago from ee in the uk the phone valve is £1200 not a cheep phone my son had passed me my phone and dropped on the living room floor I had a case that I bought off ee at the time when I got the phone I checked the phone over and seen that the camera glass was cracked ( I was gutted ) never had this problem with my s10.

Luckily I took out the insurance with ee at a grantotal og nearly £15 per month but still had to pay over £100 in a excess my new phone came and iv noticed a tiny scratch or a crack.

I think its disgusting that the camera sits to proud of the phone and even with a see through case it still sits on the camera glass the main screen has more protection with the lip of the case.

After reading posts about the camara glass dont you think samsung and ee should get this right or offer a phone case that will see the camara last the life time of the phone and not to make some fat company more money in excesses.

WISH I KEPT MY S10+

Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 Glass on rear camera cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Out of nowhere I looked at my camera and the glass is cracked. In the case at that. I didn't even drop it. Like what the heck!!! I see there are others with the same issue. What is the resolution? 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: S20 Glass on rear camera cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay sounds like you need to get device inspected and repaired . For repair, here is the link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. You can get info on where to go to service or contact to ship out the device for service

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is happening to others as well and you want me to pay for a design flaw. I have had Galaxy phones S4, S8 and now S20. Never happened until I got this phone! Samsung needs to address this issue and fix my phone. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, 

I'm in Australia and I'm fighting this.

I placed my phone down on the ground (Concrete floor) in the supplied pohone case, and camera glass broken.

Samsung refuse to fix this under warranty, quoted me $600 as they say the cameras have been compromised (yet is till could take photos no problem)

They then said they would waive the labour costs ($60)

They are kidding themselves.

I've asked for the phone to be returned to me, and Im inyending to tkae this to small claims court.

More people need to be made aware on how flimsy this camera is, and how Samsung treat their customers and refuse to do repair these when it's obvious these phones are nto fit for purpose...

I've started a Reddit post on this too

Oh, one postiive is all post of people having issues, surely is only going to serve me well when I do take the matter to small calims court.... 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll tell you how to beat them in court.  I beat Chrysler in small claims court for a "peeler" paint job.  The key is to subpoena all records they have of people claiming the damage.  Since Chrysler showed up to court without the required subpoena they judge immediately ruled in my favor, and they repainted the Jeep.  This strategy will work for Samsung as well, because they will NEVER detail how many people claimed this flaw.  I got the subpoena approved by saying I needed records to show that they knew there was a problem.

Highlighted
Astronaut

2 weeks old and the rear camera glass has cracked...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought my galaxy s20 plus two weeks ago and today noticed a horizontal hairline cracked across the rear camera glass. The phone has been in a good case from day one. Never had this issue before. Phone sat on my desk most of the time, no drops or accidents...

I have noticed quite a lot of people raising this same issue. Is this a design fault or material defect / issue and is there a resolution to this issue samsung?

Very disappointed with this and a shame Samsung seem to have lowered there normal high standards.

https://twitter.com/Robin07160663/status/1252302723892097024?s=20