JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created: 04-20-2020 02:37 PM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

657 Replies
Babbuino
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Haven't had any issues with the camera cracking, but this phone has been a bit of a dissapointment. Got it for my wife since she likes to take pictures thinking it was going to be the best overall and meh... I think Samsung recognizes it since they've released like 7 updates already... they better give a big trade in incentive for the n20 this year to make their customers happy again. BTW, the n20 will also have a different camera bump area, so I think they noticed there was a flaw there too.

0 Likes
BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello @userNJ5SJcyQia ,

Im so sorry to hear that your camera len has a crack. As the previous user stated it is repairable but its not covered under warranty. I have taken record of you and other users that are reporting the same issue. I am waiting for a response in regards to any possible defects. For the time being please use the link that Im providing to report the issue and receive a ticket number for reference. The link gives two option mail in service or going into a physical location. The device needs to be inspected and provided a ticket number. You will recieve a repair cost but you can decline for the time being. 

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"so others with the same issue can find the  resolution. 

0 Likes
userAOceNifipl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

seems like a new common issue but the glass screen on my camera in s20 ultra has cracked it was fine this morning its in a tech 24 case, put it in pocket and now its cracked

No service centers open but as this is becoming a common issue are samsung going to repair for free with better glass or recall its unacceptable paying this much for a phone and this hapoens

Its NOT cosmetic is a desgin failure a offical response from Samsung is required 

DG1790
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm sorry your dealing with such issues and id be glad to assist you in this matter.
In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the devices onsite these items are usually shipped out with proof purchase or further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Does it though? To me it looks like we see similar "issues" with every new model, and IMO it's not because a lot of them are defective, it's just thousands of people get the same phone at once, and some break them, often without even noticing it, but since it all happens around the same time, there are always claims of widespread issues and calls for recalls. Every major launch, really.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
0 Likes
IPokeSmot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

You're a joke.

0 Likes
Xavier_A
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Okay sounds like you need to get device inspected and repaired . For repair, here is the link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. You can get info on where to go to service or contact to ship out the device for service

0 Likes
Laughingnomad
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Just noticed today mine has a crack in it...

0 Likes
DartVeiga
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My wife's phone just got the crack without a reason. I'll never buy a Sumsung phone again because of that.

userJyBx9BkEUD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same thing with mine. I've had almost every Note since the 4 and never had an issue. There were four of us in my SUV and it was laying on the inside middle console and it shattered just like all the other pictures. Very unhappy and if Samsung declines to take responsibility I'll be switching to a new brand.