JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created: 04-20-2020 02:56 PM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

657 Replies
userh80BWbkeFF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Are you illtreat? Did you even bother reading my entire post? No one wants to be without their phone. Having to send it into Samsung for such a petty repair. Either provide parts to your authorized dealer UBREAKIFIX loacaitons or have them ship back glasses to customers from your Texas repair facility.

I have checked multiple sources for this replacement back glass with no luck:

eBay

AliExpress

UBREAKIFIX

Samsung_xkw7JOJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

UbreakIfix had the part in stock and fixed it in less than an hour at a cost of $80. After paying to have the first phone fixed, it happened on the 2nd S20 Ultra the next day. We gave up and are returning both S20 Ultras to Samsung for a refund. We're going to give the S20+ a try since we haven't seen any reports of cracked camera glass with those phones...yet.

0 Likes
Samsung_dz9XEyt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

just look into my phone and have exactly same problem camera its crack and i dint even drop it

Samsung_xkw7JOJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

We bought two S20 Ultras and both of them developed the crack within 4 days of each other. We noticed it on the first one on a Monday and got it fixed at UbreakIfix on Thursday. Today, on Friday, I noticed the same problem on my phone. We've never dropped our phones so this definitely looks like a product design issue.

BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Im so sorry to hear that your camera len has a crack. As the previous user stated it is repairable but its not covered under warranty. I have taken record of you and other users that are reporting the same issue. I am waiting for a response in regards to any possible defects. For the time being please use the link that Im providing to report the issue and receive a ticket number for reference. The link gives two option mail in service or going into a physical location. The device needs to be inspected and provided a ticket number. You will recieve a repair cost but you can decline for the time being. 

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"so others with the same issue can find the  resolution. 

Chippy111
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

It happened to me yesterday:double_exclamation_mark: I thought I was losing my mind, because I know I didn't drop it and I have a good case. I'm glad I did some research or I would have thought it was my fault. 

userU1ocdbufAV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

the same thing happened to me! I think it cracked from being on the table and getting an incoming text while on vibrate! I am returning it, since this happened in the first week. I don't know what phone to get now though..

0 Likes
userhEgQHMezuT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung S20 Ultra less than 3 weeks - same issue as if it was shot and now has a bullet hole. This is becoming common issue.

0 Likes
user5lTpSQ2S8O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I still don't know how the back camera glass cracked. Phone is less the 6 weeks and samsung wants to charge $375 AUD . As I have seen a pattern the since the rear glass is wide they might have not factored the risk or since its wide the glass must crack for what ever reason. Samsung needs to take this on board and need to look into it. I am a apple user for last 10 years. Big mistake and it won't happen again. 

0 Likes
userxf6tO7CTxg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20