JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created on: 4/23/20 12:58 PM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

663 Replies
user9lo8d7TCKR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

My camera glass has broken whilst being in my pocket, it looks like the the top left lens was too close to the glass on the inside and has shattered a perfect hole in the glass  exactly around the lens. This has left a hole which dust and water can get in and cause further damage to the camera. I have a case on the phone and it has never been dropped or sat on. Samsung need to sort these problems under warranty.

Ydania
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

@user9lo8d7TCKR 

Do you have a way of showing us a picture of this hole ? Because it does technically come with a perfect circle on the camera glass out of the box. 

Ydania
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

s20.jpg
That little circle isnt what youre referring to right ?

user9lo8d7TCKR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

IMG-20200423-WA0001.jpg

user9lo8d7TCKR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Its like the camera lens has pushed through the glass, it hasn't been dropped or sat on, it was just in my pocket when it happened. Can I get a replacement glass as I'm worried the camera will get damaged.

0 Likes
DG1790
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm sorry your dealing with such issues and id be glad to assist you in this matter.
In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the devices onsite these items are usually shipped out with proof purchase or further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
ManuelNJCSP
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

I would really look into maybe going to a repair center for sure! 

0 Likes
user24KKgkdQAZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same thing happend to me.  I have a top end protective case on my S20.  Had the phone for about 1 month.  Camera lens broke and I never dropped the phone.  Now just need to figure how it fix it.  Expect more from a $1200 phone.

Striff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Unfortuantely you are not alone.

Check out this thread (there's others)

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Broken-rear-camera-glass-s20-ultra/td-p/1154527

7 pages so far of this issue.

Samsung are not willing to fix these under warranty,

My $100 ZTE phone is more reliable than this top of line phone.

I too have had this problem, wanted to chage me $600 AUD to fix, but will to wear labor cost of $60.

What a joke.

user8azlbNPHTj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same to me.I noticed my $1400 phone have circle cracked back camera housing,no drop no hit with the case on.I been using Samsung phone 6 years,never have this issues,very disappointed.Samsung should step out to solve the problem, replacement the defective camera glass.