cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Broken rear camera glass s20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes.  I have my phone is a full protective case and it still broke.  This is poor quality on Samsung's part.   It may take a class action to get their attention.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here - phone is barely 2 months old and has been in a protective case since day 1 and has never been dropped.

Harline crack across camera window - Samsung (non-warranty as it's classed as impact damage) will cost me £99.

Highlighted
Constellation

S20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

have an issue my s20 ultra rear camera glass just got broken on its own how can I fix this.

George 

Highlighted

Re: S20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Read one of the other hundreds of threads about the same thing, scrolling down you would find a few

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list of people who's S20 Ultra back camera module has the small bullet hole in it.  Have had the phone for three months now and had it a case the day I got it.  Also put a Whitestone Dome screen protector on it the day I got it.

A month into owning the phone I started noticing small scratches on the back camera module.  Even bought a screen protector from Zagg from the back camera module.  Then I go to look at the back at my phone today...there's the bullet hole.

I've owned every Samsung phone since the S4 and have been a huge supporter of the company and brand.  It is clear to me this is a a design flaw, and I get it, these things happen.  However, for Samsung not to take ownership and have so many customers dealing with the same issue, it is extremely disappointing to say the least.  I'm seriously considering moving on from Samsung due to the way they are handling all of this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an s20 and encountered the same issue. I have always been careful with my phone and I just noticed the rear camera cracked for no apparent reason! I filed assurant claim for $99. This is frustrating knowing that a lot of owners are experiencing the same thing.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well like I beat Chrysler with the law, I beat Samsung.  I sent my cracked camera glass phone in for warranty repairs because the finger print sensor barely worked.  They called and said they would do the warranty work, but only if I paid to replace the back of the phone.  I told them no, I just want the finger print sensor repaired.  They insisted that they could not just repair that, but that the back of the phone needed to be replaced.  I reluctantly said ok.  They had basically blackmailed me.  I started thinking, wait, a car warranty isn't invalidated because of a scratch, why would a phone warranty be voided because of unrelated damage.   So I contacted the BBB, then the state AG.  I received a call from Samsung yesterday saying that they got contacted by the AG and would be fixing the phone free of charge.  I will see if that includes the cracked camera glass. Moral of the story, make a huge stink, and get the AG and BBB involved.  Make it so it costs them big just to respond to the official complaints.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

micro fractures across lens makes lines in some night inages..PSX_20200705_150836.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

S20 plus broken rear camera glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my new Samsung s20 plus camera glass is broken.

The phone was in my pocket and when I took it out the glass was broken, it looks like a small stone has been thrown through it, without anything touching my phone.

Customer service can only give a discount for a new phone .. or repair the phone at a high cost.

Even if I have the glass made for a high price, who says it won't break again?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 plus broken rear camera glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IMG-20200422-WA0000.jpg