JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created on: 4/29/20 5:04 AM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

659 Replies
userbjgRsN2mTM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

1400 phone should be in a protective case

Also you should not be putting it in your back pocket .

0 Likes
userBwVKP3AQ5K
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

An absolute design flaw. Has my first s20 ultra for less then 5 hours when I noticed the glass was broken on the camera, not sure if it was in shipping or just handling ( didn't drop or even pocket the phone) called Telus and they replaced my phone no charge under their policy. Got the new one, went straight in to the case and glass protector on the front and within another 4 days this camera is cracked ( again never dropped or put in pocket with anything else) had a note 8 for the last 2 years note 5, note4 and note 3 for prior years and never had an issue with glass and dropped those phones all the time. Super disappointed that there isn't gorilla Glass or some sort of thicker glass on these camera modules. I get that they have to stick out to fit all the parts in but trying to make it thinner by making the glass paper thin. I would really like to see a company like Samsung Step up and take care of their long time customers

userqwIYSe0HtW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I guess that rules out if it was specific to Exynos or Snapdragon models. :thinking_face: 

0 Likes
userrRm9EQYKrK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

i have same issue. got rear camera glass cracked in 2 weeks

alexanderohm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes. I'm experiencing the same issue. I contacted the seller and asked them for advice on what to do next. Currently not that happy with my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra experience. It's more expensive than my old phone, battery is dying in record time, it's overheating and I learned about the Exynos issues after buying the phone and doing a web search about my issues. It's alsy very laggy at times. I've removed a lot of apps to see if it helps, and it's still performing way worse than my Huawei P30 Pro. Now I've got a broken phone also. This is the last time I buy a Samsung phone.

wolfe44
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Just checking in to report that I have the exact same issue but on my S20+. I've never dropped it, baby it, always in a plastic case and yesterday I discovered a crack running across the rear camera glass. I've never had a problem with any of my phones before. This is ridiculous! Samsung??

userqwIYSe0HtW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Overheating? How long is your battery lasting? I'd do a factory reset... And be wary of the apk's you install. 

wolfe44
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

same thing happened on my s20+. Never dropped, in a plastic case since day 1 that covers the camera area so it doesn't touch the table if set down. Very disappointed. Anybody able to get theirs fixed yet?

Striff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

My post got removed as I posted a link to Reddit that showed my issue.

I have a very similar issue,  screen cracked when placed on a concrete floor in the supplied case from Samsung.

Their support straight away once they hear physical damage is to say it's not covered.

Not even listen to the reason or investigate if there's a quiliaty issue...

I ended up sending it to their tech repairer, expecting a quote of $300AUD, but came back to $600, as they belive the cameras have been compromised, I questioned this as they were still working fine.

They then said they would waive the labour costs ($60) what the!...

Anyway I refused and will be taking this matter further, they said they will escalte the matter internally, in which two days later I got an email basically saying it's not covered, any physical damage is not covered and not covered by mishandling.. and then went on about Consumer rights etc.

We'll I've looked up my consiumer rights in Australia, and if a device is not fit for purpose then it has to be covered by warranty or replaced.

I think all theses posts show the device is not fit for purpose, a top tier phone, which its main selling point are the cameras, that are easisly exposed to the elements and easily broken, which is to be used a mobile / portable device needs to be a lot more durable then what it is currently

usero6hjKg4V3L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Add me to that growing list of people with a cracked camera module.

My phone is in a case- sits in my pocket, gets used, put back in my pocket.

Not like I've been out much either since all this lockdown business and today I see there is a hairline crack on my camera module.

I'm one careful user- had the S7, S8, S9+ and now the S20 Ultra and believe me when you spend £1400 on a phone you make sure that you look after it.

Just about to phone Samsung to arrange for them to have it fixed- under warranty- wish me luck.