JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created: 04-29-2020 05:13 AM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

657 Replies
userUo6t1dtS1q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I bought a pack of 3 rear glass covers. No problems so far. I also keep a slim case on my phone.

0 Likes
S20ultraUk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@samsung978531 definitely need to recall or say something about this !as this is not a cheap phone ! also a moderator here should say something not looking at the thread as if he doesnt know anything about this ...

userZvCRAuKiSk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My camera glass broke today. Didn't drop it. I have it in a protective case. $1400 phone broken in a month. This is ridiculous. All Samsung representatives can do isreply for us to take the phone to an authorized repair shop? It's an obvious design flaw!

S20ultraUk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@userZvCRAuKiSk wrote:

My camera glass broke today. Didn't drop it. I have it in a protective case. $1400 phone broken in a month. This is ridiculous. All Samsung representatives can do isreply for us to take the phone to an authorized repair shop? It's an obvious design flaw!

hi would u be able to share a photo please ?

user5sfCweBWAh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem. I have a case on it too, the Tech21 Case. 

S20ultraUk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

do u have a photo to share please?

@user5sfCweBWAh wrote:

I have the same problem. I have a case on it too, the Tech21 Case. 

userk4momnGOeX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm seeing quite a few cases of the glass cracking when taken off wireless charging. My S20 Ultra Exynos can get quite hot (like hurts if you touch it for too long) through regular usage & wireless charging. I wonder if the constant heat stress on the glass is whats causing this. Is everyone who is having trouble with the cracking camera glass using Exynos or Snapdragon? I haven't experienced any issues with this so far, but I do have a film protector on my camera glass. 

user6B6UQR18A4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

i purchased mine a little over 2 weeks ago...i just heard about this and checked my camera...there are 2 hairline scratches on my rear camera glass despite having this phone in an official samsung case (purchased the same day as the phone) and it has only ever sat on my desk on the official wireless charger and my pocket...i've owned many phones in the past and have never had this issue. i hope the scratches don't turn to cracks but from whats been going around i have a feeling its only a matter of time...

userRzSTogXRHQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Just really check your phone because i thought mine were just scratches too but I took it into a store and they confirmed it is cracked. 

0 Likes
userhUCXqaKdiM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same thing here. In a Samsung case, never dropped, and one day notice a crack running from top to bottom. I hope there is a recall coming because I did not spend $1400 for a phone that just cracks like that.