JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created: 05-01-2020 02:28 AM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

657 Replies
user3OeJFOsKDP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

the exact same has happened to my phone after just a month the camera glass has been cracked from one side to the other. Phone has not been dropped and has had a protective cover and camera glass screen protector on since new, I believe it happened in my pocket. Hope Samsung recognise and repair these phones for there customers.

usercADaXjYjCY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Mine has broken today as well except it was in my pocket and it has 2 holes!! Like it has been dropped, but it definitely hasn't!!! Has Samsung got back to anyone with a solution yet? Or are they just ignoring the problem? 

S20ultraUk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@usercADaXjYjCY wrote:

Mine has broken today as well except it was in my pocket and it has 2 holes!! Like it has been dropped, but it definitely hasn't!!! Has Samsung got back to anyone with a solution yet? Or are they just ignoring the problem? 

Do you have a photo to share? Exynos or Snapdragon?

Odannyd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

We have to go and write a review on the Samsung.com website to see if they listen to us that way

0 Likes
userdYA7dWrC0d
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I too had my camera bump break though it was in a good quality case.  My model is the SM-G988W which is the 512GB here in Canada.  I had to send my phone nearly 4000km (2485mi) away, but it did get fixed.  Unfortunately, when they sent it back the factory screen protector was in a state of disrepair, so now it has a third party one.

userwsiIhLj9vF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I considered buying new s20 for a while now but after reading this topic im definitely not going to anymore. I hope Samsung will step up and do a recall or fix the issue free of charge for everyone affected. 

user6upLMWzQdF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue here. Had phone 4 Days in an Otterbox since day 1. Had hardly touched phone since buying it had not even spent time in my pocket yet. Noticed a crack from one side of the screen to another. 

userVUppwG4GsI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same thing happened with mine. The rear camera glass has a diagonal crack without any impact. I purchased a genuine Samsung case specifically to protect the camera! I have also noticed that his part of the phone gets really hot.  Samsung customer service is no help just referring you to a repair centre. I am hoping for a recall.

userySzbBBNSJr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank god I found this tread before I buy it, was looking to buy it tomorrow. Samsung need to deal with this. How bad.

Galaxynotesfun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a galaxy s20 ultra (very expensive)

I been heading about other users of the s20 ultra having the camera bump getting cracked so diced to keep checking my so I been noticing some cracks.

They aren't on the outside. They are inside the glass its like is been cracked from the inside out and it seen like its expanding across the camera bump. Phone hasn't been dropped at all I would expect a better quality from a phone of this high price