JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created on: 5/5/20 6:45 PM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

659 Replies
userwIrE9YM4h0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So i got my s20 ultra a few days ago, heard alot of fuss about the camera glass cracking easely, checked my own phone for fun and mine has a large crack going all the way over the glass.... returning this phone tomorrow.

Striff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Let us know how you go.

My experience so far with Samsung is they refuse to take any ownership of this issue.

userLWCqOE1GQv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same issue with mine. Cracked across the glass with no cause except faulty glass.

0 Likes
Samsung_uE1zQEj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My S20 Ultra camera glass is broken too! I've never dropped my phone and it's always been inside the case. 

0 Likes
user48ic8QHNOD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Bought the phone first day it was released and has been in an Otterbox Defender Pro since it came out of the box. Pulled it out of my pocket today and the camera screen is shattered. Sounds like this is becoming a big problem, which for a 1400 dollar phone it shouldn't be. Hopefully they do a recall on this, going to call UBreakIFix tomorrow about replacing the camera screen and hopefully samsung will reimburse me if they recall them.

Bubba_USA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Add me to the list. 2 weeks in and the camera cover is shattered. Pocket carried. Pulled it out and it's ruined. Called Samsung and the operator hung up on me explaining the warranty. Used the chat and the rep there disconnected as well. Finally had a chat with a rep who added me it will be covered under warranty. Called u break and they assured me that warranty wouldn't cover it. This is unacceptable. Is it too early for a class action suit? I want in. Google had paid me for 2 inferior phones. I now have a second Samsung phone that's junk. TV as well. Such a great company and product. :face_with_rolling_eyes::face_with_rolling_eyes::face_with_rolling_eyes:

johnnyvvlog
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here since this morning. Went to bed with a mint phone.

When I woke up this morning the camera glass had a hearline crack in it.

Never dropped and always been in a case since day one.

And as expected not covered under warranty. This has been my last Samsung product for sure.

userClVMUnrfzZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here. Another broken camera glass within the first two weeks. No drops. 

userYIEOcabEnv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

The same thing has happened to me. I have been very gentle to the phone, and then one day there was a crack over the camera module.

crod5084
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My rear camera also cracked on its own.  I have a very durable case, and have not dropped my phone.  Obviously this is a Samsung quality control issue, and they need to step up and fix this issue.