JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created: 05-07-2020 06:13 PM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

658 Replies
ManuelNJCSP
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

You should head to the nearest authorized repair center to get this fixed.

0 Likes
userrz9KcIZodC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung is well aware of the structural defect causing the camera glass to break

I purchased the Samsung S20 Ultra on 04/18/20 and the glass broke by 04/21/2020. I was zooming in and out with the camera and while i did not notice the crack immediately, my son pointed out the camera is hitting the glass. The glass then broke out at the camera.

You can see where the camera protrudes.

I tried to return to Verizon and was told I had to send back to Samsung.  

While spending 2 days of arguing, I decided to go ahead and send the phone back in. I have not yet received a response from Samsung on the return under warranty.

I am disappointed because even through Samsung knows of this structrual design defect, the phone is still on the market for 1400.00. At this time, customers are being deceived and sold damaged goods

userDA7L0sBfJG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

The same thing happened to my S20 ultra. Never dropped it, just cracked for no apparent reason. I'm hoping Samsung will realize that this is legitimate problem that thousands of people are experiencing. I hope they will do a recall, and warranty all the phones that are having this problem. Incase anyone else who is having this problem is wondering how much it cost to get the glass replaced by an authorized Samsung dealer, it's around $100. I don't think anyone experiencing this problem should have to pay to get there camera glass fixed, considering it's not their fault it's cracked.

Imprezz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello. I have the same issue. I spoke to a Samsung rep and she told me that its not covered under warranty. I was suppose to return the phone  to get the Z flip. She told me to find a Samsung retail shop so that they can fix it because they will not take the damage product. For a product that costs over 1k this should not be happening.

user5d34Qq4x6i
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@userqVGEtrzkWe wrote:

woke up this morning to the glass on my rear camera broken. I did not drop it or anything of that nature. The phone was just sitting on my nightstand. Ive seen that this seems to be an ongoing issue with a lot of people. I called Samsung and was told their is nothing I can do aside from sending the phone in to get repaired. Does any one know if Samsung is going to start doing something about their subpar camera glass?  

This is my s20 Ultra 14 days old, camera creck by no reason,  itself.  Samsung must cower  demage no more coment .........20200508_061930.jpg20200508_061849.jpg20200508_061918.jpg

crod5084
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My rear camera also cracked on its own.  I have a very durable case, and have not dropped my phone.  Obviously this is a Samsung quality control issue, and they need to step up and fix this issue.  

userYqdl4aVEKb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Literally happened to mine as well, it's like what Nintendo did with their Joycons when it was a mass spread issue. They tried to sweep it under the rug and blame the user and now have a class action lawsuit and have agreed to do repairs for free. 

This clearly isn't a user error as I haven't dropped my 1500 dollar phone and made sure not to. We really ought to get something going....

0 Likes
userYqdl4aVEKb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Haven't dropped the phone once, has been in a case with front screen protector since day 1. Got the phone on the 25th of April.

Not sure how this happened and been reading bout other users experiencing this same issue. 

Extremely disappointed in the response of the rep saying "physical damage" yet it's obvious that this is a wide spread issues as others have dealt with it. Instead of owning up to it and saying "yee we messed up with the materials on the backside, let's take care of it" they are just trying to sweep it under rug like Nintendo did with it's Joycons. 

This become wide enough, wonder if there will be a class action lawsuit. 

It made me question for a second, would iPhone users be told they are too and if not. That 12 looks good right about now. Real shame this is the outlook the company has taken. 

Been a uuuuge fan of the Galaxy line for a bit. 

JackO1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Mine cracked immediately as well.  It was within the first week, and I'm not sure if it was like that when I got it. Was using the Samsung leather case with it, but switched to something with more protection as soon as I noticed the crack. This really stinks, it has always been babied and I never dropped it. It's the ultra and I have never charged it wireless at this point. 

I really hope Samsung steps up and fixes these, because I love the phone other than this. If there is a class action lawsuit that you know of, please let me know. 

Samsung_MwwRDme
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My wife had the same thing happen to her s20 ultra. At first samsung told us they would fix i , now they are saying they won't and that it will be over $100 to fix. I think we've paid enough already to expect this phone not to crack in our pockets, especially with a protective case on it.