cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: S20 Ultra Rear Camera Glass Cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought two S20 Ultra phones and they both developed the crack within 4 days of each other this week.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot say whether this happened before or after I received it. As I don't know how carefully K inspected it. First view all looked great and its hard to see immediately. Some users in these related threads say they noticed it while looking at an angle. I thought it was a scratch at first. I also baby my phone and have not dropped it. Two thoughts: we put often put our phones down on their backs-the design should be able to tolerate this when handled normally. Also I'm not sure that cases are made that protect this part without interfering with the optics

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is exactly the same... The phone was days old .... Silence speaks volumes and Samsung not acknowledging tells us that we are going to be hit with large repair bills on this one ... For a phone of this price is disgusting. 

Asteroid

Re: Broken rear camera glass s20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is my s20 Ultra 14 days old, camera creck by no reason,  itself.  Samsung must cower  demage no more coment ...........20200508_061930.jpg20200508_061918.jpg

@Odannyd wrote:

while in my packet the glass of the camera broke. like a hair line that goes from one side to another, someone else have the same problem? And what can i do now? There is any warranty that cover that?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just joined the club, I thought is was because people were not being careful with their phones, I was wrong. I have a good case on mine and it broke by just sitting on my desk.... I have never dropped the phone, I am super careful, and I still made the club. Pretty obvious design flaw.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly the same type of crack and my phone didnt fall either. I dont understand how this is possible with a phone over 1300,-

Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy S20 Ultra Broken rear camera glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

woke up this morning to the glass on my rear camera broken. I did not drop it or anything of that nature. The phone was just sitting on my nightstand. Ive seen that this seems to be an ongoing issue with a lot of people. I called Samsung and was told their is nothing I can do aside from sending the phone in to get repaired. Does any one know if Samsung is going to start doing something about their subpar camera glass?  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S20 Ultra Broken rear camera glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My rear camera glass broke‼️I'm still trying to figure out what happened to it, I didn't drop it and I have a good case on it. I payed $100 to get it fixed at UbreakIfix.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should head to the nearest authorized repair center to get this fixed.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is well aware of the structural defect causing the camera glass to break

I purchased the Samsung S20 Ultra on 04/18/20 and the glass broke by 04/21/2020. I was zooming in and out with the camera and while i did not notice the crack immediately, my son pointed out the camera is hitting the glass. The glass then broke out at the camera.

You can see where the camera protrudes.

I tried to return to Verizon and was told I had to send back to Samsung.  

While spending 2 days of arguing, I decided to go ahead and send the phone back in. I have not yet received a response from Samsung on the return under warranty.

I am disappointed because even through Samsung knows of this structrual design defect, the phone is still on the market for 1400.00. At this time, customers are being deceived and sold damaged goods