cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S20 Ultra - Cracked rear camera glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a new S20 Ultra 2 months ago. Have not dropped it and now there is fracture across the length of the rear camera glass. I see many similar posts on this community forum. Why is Samsung not taking responsibility for what is clearly a flaw and fault on their side

Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Ultra Camera Glass Randomly Breaking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can attest to the Galaxy Ultra's camera lense glass, cracking for no good reason. I leave my phone on my shelf every night when I go to sleep, and when I woke up one morning, there were 2 cracks through the majority of my lense.. The phone hadn't moved, nothing touched it. It just cracked by itself.
  I'm pretty peeved at Samsung for sidestepping the issue and BS-ing us with "its a cosmetic issue so its not covered"
The camera is one of if not THE main selling point of this device and if that has a major flaw, such as people like myself are experiencing, THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!! I paid a lot for this phone, I treat it incredibly well, and I expect it to function as advertised!! They need to do something about this.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Ultra Camera Glass Randomly Breaking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this exact same thing happened to me as well. Cracked all across my camera glass but had been on the charger all night. My phone stays in a good case and has not been dropped or anything. I've had Samsung for years and never had a phone crack. With this being the most expensive one EVER, this should not happen. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Ultra Camera Glass Randomly Breaking

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i just had the same happen to me as well.  I'm sending the phone back and hoping they cover the repair.  I have phone insurance but that's for accidents that i make and have to pay for.  A phone that breaks suddenly is no accident, its a faulty product.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Broken rear camera glass s20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is brand new got it yesterday.. so been extra careful and already have a hairline fracture in the camera glass. It goes from the smallest cut out circle to the bottom corner. I have not dropped it. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

s20ultra.png

This forum is for the US-based Samsung users, but for the sake of sharing the info Samsung Russia have declined warranty repairs for my phone bought in Russia. The repair bill was around $300.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact thing as everyone else, I was driving in my truck and heard a pop from my pocket. Pull out the phone and the camera glass is completely shattered. Verizon says call Samsung and Samsung says it's everyone else's fault...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im in Au canberra bought my s20 2 week ago together with samsung case flip cover . Later did i knew there is a crack thin hair line on my camera glass. What would be the best thing to do? Thanks

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Take it back to the place you bought the phone from. They should honor a device swap as its within a month.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to my phone yesterday. I did not drop it and it was in my pocket. If samsung doesn't cover this I intend to file a better business bureau complaint. I pre-ordered my phone so I'm not sure if this is an issue just effecting the early shipment of phones.

signal-2020-05-30-185446.jpeg