Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Camera S20 Ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userIytZxtJYS6 

Unfortunately I can't offer any advice on the broken glass, but your issues with insurance are not a Samsung issue. You need to call Assurion back and demand they give you the phone they have insured. When they say it's not in stock, they're not talking about Samsung's stock, it's their own. And I assume they want to replace with a refurbished model, but if they don't have it, they should order a new one for you.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Camera S20 Ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can't buy the 512 gb version anywhere. Samsung, Verizon, and Best Buy are out of stock. Asurion did offer to cover the charge of buying the phone from a 3rd party website, but have given me no limit for how much they will cover and by what date I will receive a check. I am not prepared to spend $1800-$2000 dollars on a chance to get fully reimbursed.

I am mad at Samsung for them not considering this a valid cause for a device replacement especially when it has happened to other people. If I was to get the phone fixed it would cost upwards of $400. I think this is absolutely ridiculous when I already spent $1600  on the phone. I should not have to pay any money to fix an engineering defect when my device is under warranty. I really like my S20 Ultra, but the amount of stress that the last week has caused has made me reluctant to buy from Samsung ever again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Broken rear camera glass s20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add another one to the growing list. Out of the blue a hole above the 2nd camera on the left appeared. No help from Samsung. Phone now useless. lesson learned. So frustrating to deal with support reading from a script that can barely communicate. $1400 phone with this oblivious defect is a slap in the face from Samsung.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I ask anyone who has the broken camera glass to install "Samsung Phone INFO" app and check the manufacturing date of their phone?

Download app here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo

Mine is April 3rd 2020

I know there are earlier device dates, and it seems those early original devices seem to suffer from way more issues than the newer April released devices

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes.  I have my phone is a full protective case and it still broke.  This is poor quality on Samsung's part.   It may take a class action to get their attention.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here - phone is barely 2 months old and has been in a protective case since day 1 and has never been dropped.

Harline crack across camera window - Samsung (non-warranty as it's classed as impact damage) will cost me £99.

Highlighted
Constellation

S20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

have an issue my s20 ultra rear camera glass just got broken on its own how can I fix this.

George 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Read one of the other hundreds of threads about the same thing, scrolling down you would find a few

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list of people who's S20 Ultra back camera module has the small bullet hole in it.  Have had the phone for three months now and had it a case the day I got it.  Also put a Whitestone Dome screen protector on it the day I got it.

A month into owning the phone I started noticing small scratches on the back camera module.  Even bought a screen protector from Zagg from the back camera module.  Then I go to look at the back at my phone today...there's the bullet hole.

I've owned every Samsung phone since the S4 and have been a huge supporter of the company and brand.  It is clear to me this is a a design flaw, and I get it, these things happen.  However, for Samsung not to take ownership and have so many customers dealing with the same issue, it is extremely disappointing to say the least.  I'm seriously considering moving on from Samsung due to the way they are handling all of this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an s20 and encountered the same issue. I have always been careful with my phone and I just noticed the rear camera cracked for no apparent reason! I filed assurant claim for $99. This is frustrating knowing that a lot of owners are experiencing the same thing.