cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 plus broken rear camera glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

mine broke while charging on my desk overnight. When I picked it up in the morning to remove it from the charger, I noticed it immediately. I have a robust case and never dropped or hit my phone at all. No way possible that I did this or anything to cause it. 

Samsung will not help. They treat it as if you broke it yourself carelessly. Funny thing is they referred me to a local repair company and they didn't have the glass and didn't know when they would be getting it. Its a complete joke really. I pre ordered this junk and waited until well after the release date because samsung apparently botches everything. received_3029020550522568.jpeg

received_312202226854869.jpeg

Highlighted

Re: S20 plus broken rear camera glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why are there more cracks in the 2nd picture than the first?

And can you check if your phone was made in Korea or Vietnam using "Samsung Phone INFO" app free on the play store and post back here? 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Camera glass hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone been successful in having Samsung repair the broken round glass hole on the S20 ultra? If so how much did it cost or was it covered. I sat the  phone down then had the glass broken in a circle above on of the lenses. Some would say its magic. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Galaxy s20 ultra camera glass cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've  had my s20 ultra for 3 months now and noticed today that the camera glass is cracked just below the flash. I keep my phone in the Otterbox defender pro case and have never dropped it. By reading others posts about having the same problem tells me that this could be a defect in the glass or something. Isn't Gorilla glass used on these phones. But samsung claims its a cosmetic issue and won't warrany it.  I believe their should be some kind of investigation to see if their is a defect in the glass.. the glass shouldn't be breaking or cracking this easily.

Highlighted
Constellation

Poor quality screen glass camera! S20 ULTRA 5G

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How it is possible to have so many complaints with the same problem about the glass on the back camera S20 Ultra breaks very easily without dropping the phone and with phone case protect in my case after 2 weeks appear a fine crack without any accidentally incident, I contact Samsung costumer support and they say that the warranty does not cover any  glass  physical damage and that they are not at current as this would be a COMMON problem while on the samsung forum there are hundreds of complaints with exactly the same problem and the same explanations. What's going on Samsung why don't you assume you have a common problem all over the world with the quality of the glass on the camera?
Same complaints around the world from US , Uk, Australia are on your forum! Check it out if you don't "believe"! 38 Pages with same problems hundreds of cases!
You can explain please.
Thank you.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Broken-rear-camera-glass-s20-ultra/td-p/1154527

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Poor quality screen glass camera! S20 ULTRA 5G

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same situation for me today.  I think I will make a new post to help bring attention to the issue.  Thank you. 

Hairline crack realized today. No drop or damage just a fine diagonal hairline crack. Pretty disappointing as I use an Otterbox defender case. Definitely do not agree that these issues should be resolved 3rd party and expenses by customer as it is obviously a weakness in the design of this area on the camera lens housing.  Very thin glass with a ton of surface space doesn't make for a good product as it relates to quality and durability under very gentle use. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Camera glass cracking S20ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hairline crack realized today. No drop or damage just a fine diagonal hairline crack. Pretty disappointing as I use an Otterbox defender case. Definitely do not agree that these issues should be resolved 3rd party and expenses by customer as it is obviously a weakness in the design of this area on the camera lens housing.  Very thin glass with a ton of surface space doesn't make for a good product as it relates to quality and durability under very gentle use. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Ultra- Rear camera crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a phone on Thursday at 1.00pm local time. The box was sealed. Just after 4 days, I am clicking a picture during night light, the picture is blurred so called supplier. Said check you settings. After doing all, next day morning I found it has a crack. When I called supplier, he refused to accept it by saying I had dropped it. But failed to show physical damage to another part of phone. It is pathetic that buying 1400$ phone just for 4 days usage. 

Highlighted
Constellation

The rear camera glass on my s20 just cracked for no reason.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The glass on rear camera of my s20 just broke.  I set it down on my table and when I picked it up,it was all cracked.  It looks like it was shot with a bb.  I did not drop the phone.  I have only had it for 1 month and based on what I am reading Samsung doesn't seem to care.  This will be my last samsung purchase if this is not made right.  I am furious over this.

Highlighted
Constellation

S20 Ultra Camera Cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm very easy on my phones. I've had phone since 2002 and never broke any of them. I still have my Galaxy 3 which looks perfect. Therefore, I don't get insurance on phones. 

I took my phone out of my pocket to take some photos. The shots looked weird. Upon flipping it over to my horror there's an eraser sized hole/crack on the camera.https://photos.app.goo.gl/PUYFaoUZ95DrGhE77 

I was confused because it wasn't dropped at all AND I have it in an Otterbox case!

I'm searching for repairs I stumbled across articles showing how many others have this issue. I got the phone FOR the camera.  

This is clearly a design flaw. I hope Samsung will address this issue. This camera glass is overly sensitive to cracks/damage. We've all had them just a few months and already people are reporting the issue.