JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created: 08-12-2020 07:02 AM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

657 Replies
userivAKvDecjP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

You gotta be kidding me. A decade of owning Samsung phones and no cracks. Three weeks of owning an S20+ with a case and front screen protector and already an overnight crack on the camera glass. I called Samsung, they said by reporting the crack I've now automatically VOIDED THE WARRANTY. Just like that. For $117 I can send the phone to them and wait 11 days to get it back, but the WARRANTY IS VOIDED EITHER WAY!

I'm officially done with Samsung from this point forward. Selling the phone cracked camera glass and all, then buying a Pixel or the new iPhone. Samsuing FAILED on this one big time. They lost a lifetime customer. They think they're too big to go down a few ranks, but just watch as every owner eventually gets a crack on the camera glass and gets the same response.

0 Likes
usergdH6fETnfV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello any update with you samsung s20 camera glass? Im in australia ACT. Happened to mine aswell its 3 weeks old never dropped and its on the case from day one. Had a glance at the back and notice horizontal hairline crack on camera glass. And did you went to small court and are we covered by australia consumer law aswell? Thanks

0 Likes
dasingleton
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I had an unfortunate accident with my phone yesterday.  I managed to crack and damage my camera lens.  It wasn't dropped. Something I had in my pocket cracked the lens.

Any idea when Samsung will be sending camera parts out to the repair facilities?

Guess I could always send it back to Samsung for repair.

0 Likes
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey @dasingleton, I'm very sorry to hear about the accident.

I'd recommend calling your local UBreakIFix repair shop and ask them if they have any in stock. If they don't, maybe ask to receive a call when they do. UBreakIFix is Samsung's official partner in mobile repairs and they are certified to get the job done. To find your nearest UBreakIFix, please visit: https://ubreakifixit.com/locations 

Alternatively, as you said, you can send it into Samsung directly and get it repaired.

I hope this helps, take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

userPhvwzcVlSE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

how do I go about filing a warranty claim? Have had my phone for about a month, dropped my phone maybe 6 inches into a cup holder in my truck, came back and the camera was busted. How does this happen on a phone a month old? Unreal IMG_2253.jpg

userzi9B32X9ua
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

EE here in the uk replaced my Ultra after Samsung Lied to them then lied to me about free repaire I just happened to call back to change collection day to me told it was a chargeable repaire as the agent who booked the repaire put on the notes that the phone had slipped out of my hand a fabrication and a lie.

still waiting for a manager of the complaints department to contact me.

i will not be purchasing anything from Samsung ever again 

userivAKvDecjP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

You gotta be kidding me. A decade of owning Samsung phones and no cracks. Three weeks of owning an S20+ with a case and front screen protector and already an overnight crack on the camera glass. I called Samsung, they said by reporting the crack I've now automatically VOIDED THE WARRANTY. Just like that. For $117 I can send the phone to them and wait 11 days to get it back, but the WARRANTY IS VOIDED EITHER WAY!

I'm officially done with Samsung from this point forward. Selling the phone cracked camera glass and all, then buying a Pixel or the new iPhone. Samsuing FAILED on this one big time. They lost a lifetime customer. They think they're too big to go down a few ranks, but just watch as every owner eventually gets a crack on the camera glass and gets the same response.

user6JBWDVTPrS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Happened to me today as well. Will never buy another samsung product

0 Likes
userYN2sY73PxV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My s20 plus camera cracked from no impact very disappointed and Samsung should fix these for free.

0 Likes
userLhSqjV6fCk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello! It seems many S20 users are having issues with the camera glass cracking for no reason. Does Samsung have a solution? The glass on the camera didn't make it 6 months.  I bought this for the camera and its extremely disappointing that the quality of glass that goes over a high grade camera is sub par.

@Rydah 

0 Likes