JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created: 09-06-2020 11:22 AM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

657 Replies
userjjPEoUrA0O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have only hand my samsung s20 ultra for a few months. I have been disappointed from the start. Unvelievable how the rear camera glass shattered, literally sitting on my kitchen table,untouched. I will be contacting samsung. It is rediculous a 1300 phone is made like this. Im furious. I have always had a protective case and never dropped it. 

0 Likes
userg7a4Cl7Jrs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
mine had a hairline crack a month ago, I wasn't too concerned because it avoided all the lenses. this morning I checked and it has expanded into another crack that goes dead smack in the middle of the bottom lens. contacted Samsung as I have never dropped my phone only to be told sorry it's due to physical damage. I have had nothing but problems with Samsung lately. their customer service lacks very much. I was told when they received my trade in the premium care for my old device would cancel, I went back to check my cc statements only to find that since March I have been paying for 2 premium care packages. still waiting to hear back about a refund. they don't stand behind their products, the prices are way more than the actual product is worth considering the cheap quality items they use. oh and to everyone in this boat on the trade in option now if your camera lens is cracked they deduct $250 from the value of it. complete bs since this is their fault.
0 Likes
userfcVYm9k9xK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I've have the same exact problem. I've never dropped my S20 + and it has a spider crack on the lens. This is 100% a quality issue on their part. It's unfortunate they don't stand by their own product and offer us a solution. I highly recommend anyone reading this to think twice about purchasing the S20. Shame on you Samsung.
0 Likes
Rosadocc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Add me to the list of Galaxy S20 Ultra owners that had their camera crack just from being in my pocket. It's a shame Samsung won't at least acknowledge that its a flaw in the product. It is especially frustrating for me as I am a long time Samsung Insights member who enjoyed every phone model so far. Being that I am using this phone for their Insights study, I am stuck with it for a year and can't replace it or return it.
0 Likes
mjts2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I've had mine for 2 and half months and today the camara screen broke threw. No reason at all and now I have to go threw all these steps to get it fixed.

0 Likes
userQVt3msURXS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My camera lens just cracked as it was sitting on my desk as work.  Two hairline cracks.  Literally saw the second one occur as I was looking at the phone.

There is clearly some sort of quality control problem with the phone, and it's unacceptable that this would happen on any device.. not just a $1400 one!

0 Likes
Ricky5792
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I went to scan a lottery ticket, wouldn't take blurry, turn phone around had like a small bullet hole in screen.
0 Likes
S20-Ultra
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20

Dropped my phone the other day, enough force to crack the front screen glass, camera glass was fine

0 Likes
Ricky5792
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
left phone on my nightstand, to scan lottery tickets was blurry look at it and look like a tiny bullet hole through on my camera. If Samsung doesn't do anything its my last one.
0 Likes
usertrMjI8kKct
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
mine was in wallet case in my pocket. now I have a hole over the flash. They won't cover it. no more Samsung after this. It's to expensive to just explode so to speak.
0 Likes