cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S20 Ultra camera crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My camera lens just cracked as it was sitting on my desk as work.  Two hairline cracks.  Literally saw the second one occur as I was looking at the phone.

There is clearly some sort of quality control problem with the phone, and it's unacceptable that this would happen on any device.. not just a $1400 one!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I went to scan a lottery ticket, wouldn't take blurry, turn phone around had like a small bullet hole in screen.
Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dropped my phone the other day, enough force to crack the front screen glass, camera glass was fine

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
left phone on my nightstand, to scan lottery tickets was blurry look at it and look like a tiny bullet hole through on my camera. If Samsung doesn't do anything its my last one.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
mine was in wallet case in my pocket. now I have a hole over the flash. They won't cover it. no more Samsung after this. It's to expensive to just explode so to speak.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same here
Highlighted
Asteroid

Manufacturing/ Engineering Defect- S20 Camera Glass Explosion

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought S20 from Samsung online - within 6 weeks the camera glass exploded from one day to the next without doing anything with the phone. I messaged Samsung twice, called them and sent an email to the office of the president at Samsung Electronics America. Manufacturing defect, I said. I told them I had even spoken to my local Ubreakifix store and they have also seen this issue in their store - in my small area, so nationally and internationally this must be a big problem. Samsung said they had not heard of any problems. Oh that is not so, I said - there are lots of complaints and comments about it. I asked for this issue to be escalated. The engineers need to look into this. We have another S20 and I am afraid this will happen with that one too Smiley Sad 

Come on Samsung - this is not good customer service. Accept responsiblity and get these fixed/ reimbursed under warranty.Self-Exploded S20 Camera GlasssSelf-Exploded S20 Camera Glasss

Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Manufacturing/ Engineering Defect- S20 Camera Glass Explosion

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@BarbKl have you tried reaching out to the support team online again? What was their response? Did they indicate if you were covered by your warranty? Has the phone ever been dropped and might have caused a crack or malfunction in the camera?

Call 1-800-SAMSUNG or visit https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ for help in the USA. Head to here for your countries support:  http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did all these steps yesterday and today with the office of the president calling me today saying it was not a known issue!!...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is an issue! I just bought the phone and had the same problem!! So frustrating.