JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created: 09-17-2020 01:27 PM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

658 Replies
usertrMjI8kKct
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Same here
0 Likes
BarbKl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Bought S20 from Samsung online - within 6 weeks the camera glass exploded from one day to the next without doing anything with the phone. I messaged Samsung twice, called them and sent an email to the office of the president at Samsung Electronics America. Manufacturing defect, I said. I told them I had even spoken to my local Ubreakifix store and they have also seen this issue in their store - in my small area, so nationally and internationally this must be a big problem. Samsung said they had not heard of any problems. Oh that is not so, I said - there are lots of complaints and comments about it. I asked for this issue to be escalated. The engineers need to look into this. We have another S20 and I am afraid this will happen with that one too 😞 

Come on Samsung - this is not good customer service. Accept responsiblity and get these fixed/ reimbursed under warranty.Self-Exploded S20 Camera GlasssSelf-Exploded S20 Camera Glasss

JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

@BarbKl have you tried reaching out to the support team online again? What was their response? Did they indicate if you were covered by your warranty? Has the phone ever been dropped and might have caused a crack or malfunction in the camera?

Call 1-800-SAMSUNG or visit https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ for help in the USA. Head to here for your countries support:  http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
0 Likes
BarbKl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I did all these steps yesterday and today with the office of the president calling me today saying it was not a known issue!!...

0 Likes
userZe1o2bQMQ0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

This is an issue! I just bought the phone and had the same problem!! So frustrating.

userDaryjiOok2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Just happened to me. Never dropped it and then looked over one time and the glass was shattered just like the pictures I've seen of other people's phones.

0 Likes
BarbKl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Ah that really stinks. Make sure you report it to Samsung. I hope they do something about this issue.

0 Likes
usertrMjI8kKct
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This happened to mine. I am so mad. They won't cover it.IMG_0218.jpg

0 Likes
BarbKl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
yes it is very awful. I am also in fear of it happening to my phone (it happened to my daughter's phone).
MikeS3
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20

Yikes!  I'm a bit worried about this happening to mine.  I'm actually getting rid of mine in a few weeks to pick up a Pixel 5 instead...hopefully nothing happens in the mean time.  I've heard a lot of people are having this problem, especially with the ultra.  

0 Likes