cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20+ camera crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mine cracked as well. I never drop my phone, but the camera glass cracked and I have no idea how it happened. Is there any way I can get it repaired? I know the waterproofing is now compromised.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy S20 Ultra rear facing camera crack. Known issue and Samsung is refusing to admit it

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I own a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra and a few weeks after using it, I find a hole/crack on the rear facing camera just from being in my pocket. I put it in my pocket to drive to the store, upon arriving to the store, I pull the phone out and see the crack. I figured there is no way warranty will cover this and just took it as a loss due to what seems to be a spontaneous freak accident.

After doing some research I came across several articles and community member posts that have all mentioned cameras suddenly cracking without dropping the phone or banging it into anything. This tells me that this is clearly a manufacturer defect and Samsung should cover the repair costs.

I spoke with several Samsung Care reps and they all just say the same thing, "the warranty will not cover any physical or any liquid damage." They are not accepting that this is a defect and overlooking all the cases that say otherwise.

<edit>

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Broken rear camera glass s20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had my Note 20 Ultra 5G for 8 days, in a case since unboxing, and my entire rear glass is shattered! I found this when I noticed the little plastic tab from the shipping film was sticking out of the case. I opened the case to remove it, and found the damage. The phone has never been dropped, and at the moment the only thing holding some of the shattered glass on the rear of the phone is the plastic film cover that it ships with. I have insurance on it, but it will be $100 minimum to replace the rear glass, but they will ship me a refurbished phone as a replacement, then bill me for the refurbishing of my brand new phone (that they don't return after repair). This is clearly a defect in the glass.

I watched a video of the side by side drop test of the Note 20 and the Note 20 Ultra 5G...First test was a back drop, Ultra rear glass was shattered, Note 20 didn't have z scratch on it. After side, face and 15 bonus drop tests, Ultra kept getting more damage to the rear glass, Note 20 was fine. The conclusion? The Note 20 has a plastic rear, and the Ultra uses glass. They also figured that the glass on the rear of the Ultras is not as thick as the front, because in both phones, the front glass was not damaged.

This is clearly s defect in the rear glass, not "cosmetic damage "

Why should we all, who are having the same sort of issues, have to pay to get our phones repaired and/or replaced with a refurbished phone?
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Broken rear camera glass s20 ultra

JUMP TO SOLUTION
my S20 plus just developed a hairline crack while in the charging cradle. It is always in a protective case, and I cary it in a holster when out. never dropped or banged against anything. Definitely a defect.
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 plus camera glass shatter

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've read about the s20 ultra camera glass shattering like a bullet hole, I have an s20 plus and mine did it today. It was fine one minute, picked up my phone about an hour later and the camera glass was shattered with a hole on it above one of the lense.

I used the flashlight yesterday on it, and thought maybe that caused it. But it didn't shatter where the flash is. It was the bottom left lense. Has anyone else had this problem? No  I haven't dropped it and it wasn't in my purse or pocket.

Insurance is sending me a new phone or refurbished. I have no idea which. Just curious if it had happened to anyone else.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S20 plus camera glass shatter

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the S20 Ultra Plus and have dropped it a few times and never a problem. I also however use a screen protector..
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: S20 plus camera glass shatter

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S20 plus

@Robert2020 wrote:
there's not a s20 ultra plus

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use a screen protector on the front. And always have my otterbox on it. I had a protective cover over the lense, but took it off because it kept telling me my lense was dirty 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
no problems with camera glass either
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I saw something about a Note 20 Ultra doing that a few days ago. I know that my Note 20 Ultra camera glass scratches easily where the laser sensor is and that the back glass(now cracked) isn't even Victus. Its guerilla glass 6.