JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created on: 10/30/20 8:04 AM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

659 Replies
Santos123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I repaired the front screen a month ago at ubreakifix att plan. the slippery phone slipped again while getting off the car and cracked the front again. but this time i have a crack on the back side too. camera was working fine. i contacted ubreakifix att repair customer service and was told the back side of the phone is not covered. and since last 2 days, i keep getitng couldnt open camera. there's no updates to download. it refuses to work on video calls on viber, whatsapp and messenger. still works as a camera though. this is the first time i switched from a note to a s20 and regret it. i want to go back to note20 but i am guessing i am stuck with this phone, the same way i was stuck with my Gear 1st which just died in a year leaving me no choice but to buy a new one. i did check the community for similar situation, couldnt find a solution, hence this post

0 Likes
Mike_Dee
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I don't understand what you mean by back of the phone is not covered. Do you have accidental damage protection?
0 Likes
Santos123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
asurion/phoneclaim/ubreakifix says front screen is covered by asurion but not the back aide. i have att insurance coverage
0 Likes
Mike_Dee
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
So it's not a full damage warranty? Just the screen or everything except the back?
0 Likes
Santos123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
that's what I was told
0 Likes
useryf20rROdzG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I JUST noticed my camera screen is also cracked and the ONLY solution is that I have to pay to get it repaired? I have had the phone for 20 days with a case and the camera looks like someone shot it with a circular hole over the lens. This seems like a KNOWN issue yet Samsung is making clients pay to have it repaired. No wonder they rushed to S21 out! 

What is samsung doing to resolve this for cusomters??? NOTHING??? A $2k phone should not randomly crack like this. 

0 Likes
userldEkzPiigX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I got my S20 Ultra on release day and soon after put it in a LifeProof case. I always carry it in my front pocket and have had no issues... until this evening. I pulled it out of my pocket to use the flashlight and it was fine. I put it back in my pocket. a little while later I pulled it out to play a game and noticed the bullet hole type shatter like others have mentioned. it seems that the repair should be as simple as prying the existing remaining glass out of the back of the phone and inserting a new piece of glass over the camera lenses. sounds like the $100 - $400 repair price I've seen mentioned is extremely high for the amount of work that needs done.
0 Likes
Photographer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Dear Mr. Gantt: your a DA! Your own text basically says you're a crook. It cracked but you don't know when. It could have been the morning of the 14 day of your return policy. But you don't know because you were apparently crying to loud. I am glad you were pacified. Most democRATS cries like you do. Your post was informative. Because it states the obvious truth about the mind set on how to take what you did not earn. I'm sure your work ethic might fall into the same mindset. And if you worked for TRUMP he would say YOU'RE FIRED!
0 Likes
Codyk9gsd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Samsung will not fix it.??!? This is wrong and a major issue with this phone. They had no problem taking my 1400 for the phone. I noticed right after I got the phone the screen had a hairline crack, it being such a big purchase of course I was extremely careful! This had to have been a defect out of the box and you just couldn't tell without closely looking.
I hate to replace it thru the warranty because you get a refurbished phone, when the inly thing that's wrong is the camera screen. I have been a faithful Samsung user for over 10 yrs... Sadly, I will never buy another Samsung, Ever!
0 Likes
userWeaSxl0iWy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

This is still a problem. I recently had it happen to my S20 Ultra as well. I simply turned my phone over on the table after using it and found what looks like a bullet hole over the wide angle lens. It has spiderwebbed out over the entire lens now.  I started an insurance claim through Asurion and they want a $250 deductible to replace the entire phone. I noticed many others online having the same issue so I called Samsung.

Customer service said that Samsung has not acknowledged a problem at this point. My option was to send my phone in under a warranty issue and I would have to pay for the fix. (unknown amount until they receive it). I called UBREAKIFIX and they said they could fix for $100.

I have had many Samsung phones over the years and this phone is the only one I have had issue's with.

First the camera would not focus on closeup images, and now this.

I would NOT recommend this phone to anyone. I regret upgrading from my Note 8. Perhaps i switch brands going forward. We will see how Samsung responds.

S20UltraCracked.jpg

0 Likes