JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created on: 12/20/20 1:41 PM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

662 Replies
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

This happened to one of our ambassadors. After many complaints about the same issue, we found out that it has to do with pressure buildup underneath the glass and not customers banging it against something. You could reach out to customer support and see what they say. If Samsung doesn't honor the repair then an alternate route would be to send it in with a deductible of $100 if you are on Samsung Care plus or take it to your nearest Ubreakifix

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

user6JBWDVTPrS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
thank you for your reply!! I knew I wasn't going crazy :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing::rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
So you are a "Forensic Cell Phone Inspector"? Great. Of the hundreds of S20 camera glass failures, how many did you personally inspect? And how many look very similar to the original poster's phone?
0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

So it's clear, based on your non-answer, you haven't personally inspected any s20 phones with the bullet hole in the camera glass. And I choose to give the "original poster" the benefit of the doubt.  That's my choice.  I believe her/him,  and you don't... nbd.

Here's an article with pics that don't look all that different from the original poster's phone damage.  So, pardon my "lack of understanding", but I believe the original poster has a "legitimate complaint" with Samsung.  - - And if you are not "presenting help" to the poster, I have no clue why you are even posting here... unless it just makes you feel good.  smh

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/04/28/growing-reports-of-galaxy-s20-ultra-camera-glass-shattering...

edit: btw, you just found out today that this is a "known problem" with the S20 phones??? Pleassseee.. this problem has been known for many months.  And Samsung should make-good on this defect which has never occured with their phones before.  Hopefully they are able to help the original poster!

0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

k PThe Professor Gets a Lesson...lolThe Professor Gets a Lesson...lolOk Professor... you just learned about the bullet-hole issue in the S20 camera glass 6 hours ago, and I only learned about it months ago!...Yet you are the expert... lol :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

0 Likes
singod
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
what about overcharge? hmm?
userZcXnX4YyYZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Not 3 weeks after I let the representative at Telus talk me into this crappy phone, I picked it up, looked at the back and lo and behold there it was. A beautiful hole and cracks leading out. A week later another hole appeared all by itself. 

Of course Samsung WOULD say "Oh it did not do it by itself".

I am on a limited income and do not have $400-$500 to fix an already super expensive phone. I never even wanted this one. The deal was too good to be true and boy did I get scammed. I am now the proud owner of a useless phone.

Strange how if it was anything other than a cell phone I could take the product back to the store and get a replacement. Neither Samsung or Telus stand behind their products and for that reason I will never get another Samsung product.

0 Likes
GalaxyGuardian20
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
hahahaha karma
0 Likes
userZcXnX4YyYZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I don't understand. Karma for what?  That was incredibly rude of you.

@GalaxyGuardian20 wrote:
hahahaha karma

0 Likes
GalaxyGuardian20
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
that's not what I meant, sorry for the misunderstanding. It's "slang" for, "I feel your pain" since my s20 ultra camera came with a focus defect. I returned it and got a s10e. Best decision ever. What phone are you currently using now?
0 Likes