JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created on: 12/20/20 4:26 PM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

657 Replies
Piwilly1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Add same hole but was in centre of lens
0 Likes
Piwilly1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Att is replacing my galaxy S20 5G + phone
0 Likes
user6JBWDVTPrS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
how did you get them to do that? I've been told my warranty is now void
0 Likes
Piwilly1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Head hole in my lens but
never dropped my phone

0 Likes
Santos123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I repaired the front screen a month ago at ubreakifix att plan. the slippery phone slipped again while getting off the car and cracked the front again. but this time i have a crack on the back side too. camera was working fine. i contacted ubreakifix att repair customer service and was told the back side of the phone is not covered. and since last 2 days, i keep getitng couldnt open camera. there's no updates to download. it refuses to work on video calls on viber, whatsapp and messenger. still works as a camera though. this is the first time i switched from a note to a s20 and regret it. i want to go back to note20 but i am guessing i am stuck with this phone, the same way i was stuck with my Gear 1st which just died in a year leaving me no choice but to buy a new one. i did check the community for similar situation, couldnt find a solution, hence this post

0 Likes
Mike_Dee
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I don't understand what you mean by back of the phone is not covered. Do you have accidental damage protection?
0 Likes
Santos123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
asurion/phoneclaim/ubreakifix says front screen is covered by asurion but not the back aide. i have att insurance coverage
0 Likes
Mike_Dee
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
So it's not a full damage warranty? Just the screen or everything except the back?
0 Likes
Santos123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
that's what I was told
0 Likes
useryf20rROdzG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I JUST noticed my camera screen is also cracked and the ONLY solution is that I have to pay to get it repaired? I have had the phone for 20 days with a case and the camera looks like someone shot it with a circular hole over the lens. This seems like a KNOWN issue yet Samsung is making clients pay to have it repaired. No wonder they rushed to S21 out! 

What is samsung doing to resolve this for cusomters??? NOTHING??? A $2k phone should not randomly crack like this. 

0 Likes