cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Manufacturing/ Engineering Defect- S20 Camera Glass Explosion

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@BarbKl have you tried reaching out to the support team online again? What was their response? Did they indicate if you were covered by your warranty? Has the phone ever been dropped and might have caused a crack or malfunction in the camera?

Call 1-800-SAMSUNG or visit https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ for help in the USA. Head to here for your countries support:  http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did all these steps yesterday and today with the office of the president calling me today saying it was not a known issue!!...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is an issue! I just bought the phone and had the same problem!! So frustrating.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just happened to me. Never dropped it and then looked over one time and the glass was shattered just like the pictures I've seen of other people's phones.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah that really stinks. Make sure you report it to Samsung. I hope they do something about this issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to mine. I am so mad. They won't cover it.IMG_0218.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Manufacturing/ Engineering Defect- S20 Camera Glass Explosion

JUMP TO SOLUTION
yes it is very awful. I am also in fear of it happening to my phone (it happened to my daughter's phone).
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yikes!  I'm a bit worried about this happening to mine.  I'm actually getting rid of mine in a few weeks to pick up a Pixel 5 instead...hopefully nothing happens in the mean time.  I've heard a lot of people are having this problem, especially with the ultra.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Manufacturing/ Engineering Defect- S20 Camera Glass Explosion

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I know what you mean. Such a shame though. I was really looking forward to having this phone.
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The S20 is a lemon. Once you get over the camera glass issue and if you decide to pay to get it fixed, fixed via your insurance provider if you had the phone insured or fixed from warranty (Samsung seems to be picky about who they choose to cover), you will soon find out their camera is rubbish anyway. Lots of discussion about both but for reference, here are the main threads I've been watching recently.

Cracked Camera Glass Issue

S20 Camera vs Mid Range Pixel 4a Camera