cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: S20 Ultra camera crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Unfortunately, my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra has suffered the same fate as the others on this post. same thing, good protective case, did not drop, just picked up my phone and the lens was cracked and spidered. I have been in the wireless industry for 15 years now and have never seen this particular kind of occurrence. I would hate not to recommend the phone to potential new customers if I cannot stand behind it and if Samsung refuses to acknowledge this flaw.
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My camera also broke. since I pay for insurance every month will that cover the damage?
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They won't cover the damage for free. My insurance wants 170 because its a damage not a defect. When its clearly a defect.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Funny that all these breaks look the same
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah it hilarious 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
same issue. looks like a bullet hole thru the camera glass. ☹
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
5 months with this S20 Ultra and camera lense cracked, well shattered while in protective case. not happy ..ufix charges $100 to repair. 😡
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
if I'd broken mine camera screen fine. But too bad and pay $100 to fix it is the wrong answer.
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list.  Had my Note 20 Ultra for a little less than 2 months.  Took a pic today that looked funny.  I looked at the camera lens and noticed a single line across it.  Got a microfiber rag cloth and wiped the lens, and my finger went right through it, leaving a big hole.  I have spent the rest of my day trying to resolve this issue.  

1) called in to Samsung.  Selected the option to set up an appt online.  Got appt at noon at the local IBreakUFix.  Ironically, the same shop that messed up my iphone, and led me to Samsung.  

2) tech suggested I call Samsung directly, as they have been seeing LOTS of S20 cameras with holes in them.  

3) call back to Samsung, this time selecting the chat option.  

4) tech tells me via chat that it should be covered under warranty as it was likely damage that occured during shipping.  

5) IBreakUFix says that they can't do anything unless Samsung Authorizes the repair via a ticket.  

6) Back on Chat, and they escalate me to a higher level tech, presumably to submit the Repair order.  

7) Takes 1.5 hours for the L2 Tech to get on the chat.  She was helpful and understood the issue.  Said to mail in the phone, but recommended I first try going to Sprint as they can handle this for me.  

8) now on the chat with Sprint for going on an hour.  she said to bring it in to the sprint store.  we'll see where this adventure takes us next.  I'm a tad frustrated, but resolved to fix this issue or get my iphone back.  

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine cracked second time already Smiley Sad Very disappointed...

20210104_220626.jpg