JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created on: 6/28/20 3:51 PM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
662 Replies
jmpo87
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Ive never dropped mine my phone doesn't have a scratch on it.. put it on the couch for 1 sec and camera glass was cracked.. who replaces it? with out having to ship my phone of for a few days
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

uBreakiFix is an authorized Samsung repair center.  They are a place where you drop off your phone, and then either wait in their lobby, or come back an hour or two later and pick up your repaired phone.  Two hours without your phone is WAAAY better than upwards of two weeks!

Jamess467
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

Cracked or shattered glass anywhere on your expensive device can be worrying.  I'm glad Samsung is addressing the issue. 

0 Likes
Lungingweasel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
They are addressing this with the note 20 Ultra?
0 Likes
user6JBWDVTPrS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

While my phone was charging overnight It broke. On my nightstand just totally broke. Unacceptable. I have been a loyal samsung customer for 10 years and will never buy another of their products. GLASS DOESNT BREAK LIKE THIS NATURALLY. THIS IS A SERIOUS QUALITY ISSUE.  LET ME BE VERY CLEAR THIS WAS NOT IMPACT DAMAGE AS I HAVE NOT DROPPED MY PHONE. This image matches a lot of other images of people with broken s20 phone either way with as many reports as there are Samsung should do something about this they have lost a customer. I never had any issues with my S7 but I had numerous issues with my S10 and this was the final straw with my s20. Just purchased two new iPhone 12 pro Max. I'd rather pay double then throw anymore money into this sinking ship. 630091360.jpg

0 Likes
Starcom21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
sorry to say but that is impact damage. its obvious something hit it and chipped it
0 Likes
lilbart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
burst pressure in glass breaks the whole pane. not just one spot. the whole glass would of been spider webbed rather than one centralized impact point.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
its your fault because that is due to fall damages over time and lack od care
0 Likes
user6JBWDVTPrS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Honestly that is what I thought at first too. And of course I understand that I could have hit a corner at some point but when I plugged it in the crack was not there and when I picked it up it was there I didn't notice anything that fell on it or anything like that and after looking into it it seems the crack is pretty consistent on most people's phones right above the telephoto lens I truly think that this was a manufacturer issue. But I understand the photo totally makes it look like I dropped it or maybe even smacked it with a screwdriver. There's no use crying over spilled milk I'm just trying to warn other people out there. 

0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

It's amazing how all these responders become expert forensic cell phone inspectors! - - I wouldn't give up so easily.  I'd tend to believe you, rather the "forensic experts" who have replied to you.

I would do some more research.  It sounds like you already have.... seee how your damage matches pics of others with the exact same problem.  Research other forums as well....reddit, etc...  - - See what they were able to do, if anything, to get satsifaction over this Samsung phone problem.

Btw, if/when you reach samsung warranty/repair dept  800-samsung  make sure you ask for a manager....   Good luck!