Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S20 ultra broken rear camera glass

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in Australia and I'm fighting this.

I placed my phone down on the ground (Concrete floor) in the supplied pohone case, and camera glass broken.

Samsung refuse to fix this under warranty, quoted me $600 as they say the cameras have been compromised (yet is till could take photos no problem)

They then said they would waive the labour costs ($60)

They are kidding themselves.

I've asked for the phone to be returned to me, and Im inyending to tkae this to small claims court.

More people need to be made aware on how flimsy this camera is, and how Samsung treat their customers and refuse to do repair these when it's obvious these phones are nto fit for purpose...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am in Australia and going to Consumer Affairs (Vic). Please let me know how you go. Happy to discuss further. Exactly same issue here!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a nice case for the phone, and earlier tonight, I had the phone setting with the screen facing down on a table next to my couch. I reached over to pick up my phone, and noticed that there was a huge hole in the glass screen covering the camera array, with cracks reaching from the hole to the edge of the glass in every direction. 

I know it wasnt like that when I last set it down, so I looked on the table ,and there were little pieces of glass around where the phone was sitting. I looked into the issue, and apparently quite a few others have had the camera glass break in a similar manner, but Samsung refuses to fix it, citing it as a cosmetic issue which costs $400+ to fix at one of their authorized repair centers, which aren't even open right now. 

This is simply, absolutely unacceptable from a $1400 phone, and it will be the last Samsung product I ever buy.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Welcome to the club guys. There are more than 100 comments about the same issue but samsung doesn't respond and if you leave a review they delete it. Good luck

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Pics appear real digital looking

Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 Ultra with camera glass cracks.. US customers please read

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is one week old and has a hairline crack across camera lens! I paid $1511.00 for this phone and never dropped or abused it. What is Samsung going to do to fix my phone? I am not obligated to pay for this since its considered defective! From what I'm reading on here I may need to file with the Better Business Bureau, is this the case?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20 Ultra with camera glass cracks.. US customers please read

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think that people in the United States need to go to the better business bureau on the web and file a complaint. Also read this fellow community members and Samsung... I hope Samsung Deletes This......  

15883869931374605146746871087103.jpg

Breach of Warranty
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glass doesn't crack unless you had damaged it prior and the glass finally gave out

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And you know this how?  My phone was in my pocket, with a screen protector on the camera cover, and the glass face of the camera shattered. There's no damage to the added protector, no impact mark whatsoever, so explain that Einsein. I think you don't know what you are talking about and/or you are a Samsung shill just spouting the company propoganda line of BS..... Or maybe  you're just a clueless know-it-all who is never wrong.  Either way, BUZZZZZ... wrong answer.

Highlighted
Constellation

S20 ultra camera glass repair

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After repair, dust under the glass.(not under the top film, but under the glass). Done by the Official repair partner for samsung in Estonia (MTTC EESTI)

Is this really the quality you expect from your official partners. I didn't...

I seriously doubt that the phone is still dust- and waterproof after two repairs with the same glass.

received_227774895114272.jpeg

after repairafter repair

after repairafter repair

After 2nd repairAfter 2nd repair