JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created: 06-28-2020 03:51 PM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
657 Replies
Striff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here, 

I'm in Australia and I'm fighting this.

I placed my phone down on the ground (Concrete floor) in the supplied pohone case, and camera glass broken.

Samsung refuse to fix this under warranty, quoted me $600 as they say the cameras have been compromised (yet is till could take photos no problem)

They then said they would waive the labour costs ($60)

They are kidding themselves.

I've asked for the phone to be returned to me, and Im inyending to tkae this to small claims court.

More people need to be made aware on how flimsy this camera is, and how Samsung treat their customers and refuse to do repair these when it's obvious these phones are nto fit for purpose...

I've started a Reddit post on this too

Oh, one postiive is all post of people having issues, surely is only going to serve me well when I do take the matter to small calims court.... 

userqaYo5rVkDO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I'll tell you how to beat them in court.  I beat Chrysler in small claims court for a "peeler" paint job.  The key is to subpoena all records they have of people claiming the damage.  Since Chrysler showed up to court without the required subpoena they judge immediately ruled in my favor, and they repainted the Jeep.  This strategy will work for Samsung as well, because they will NEVER detail how many people claimed this flaw.  I got the subpoena approved by saying I needed records to show that they knew there was a problem.

userYSGismhOvO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have this problem...

What can i do?

I from Brasil..

Thanks

0 Likes
userom21qGRpHf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Bought my galaxy s20 plus two weeks ago and today noticed a horizontal hairline cracked across the rear camera glass. The phone has been in a good case from day one. Never had this issue before. Phone sat on my desk most of the time, no drops or accidents...

I have noticed quite a lot of people raising this same issue. Is this a design fault or material defect / issue and is there a resolution to this issue samsung?

Very disappointed with this and a shame Samsung seem to have lowered there normal high standards.

https://twitter.com/Robin07160663/status/1252302723892097024?s=20

AWESAMHELPER
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd highly recommend that you call 1-800-SAMSUNG. However, I believe that it will still be considered as physical damage and it won't be covered by the warranty unless you are subscribed to Samsung Premium care or an insurance of your choice.

0 Likes
BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello @userom21qGRpHf ,

Im so sorry to hear that your camera len has a crack. As the previous user stated it is repairable but its not covered under warranty. I have taken record of you and other users that are reporting the same issue. I am waiting for a response in regards to any possible defects. For the time being please use the link that Im providing to report the issue and receive a ticket number for reference. The link gives two option mail in service or going into a physical location. The device needs to be inspected and provided a ticket number. You will recieve a repair cost but you can decline for the time being. 

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"so others with the same issue can find the temporary resolution.  

0 Likes
user2H4g8f6YWd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem. With in less than a week my glass on the camera has broke. Phone has always been in a case and not dropped. I also have never had it in my pocket. There is absolutely no reason this should of happened. The camera is the reason I decided on the S20 plus. This will be my last S phone, I have been a customer since the s4. 

0 Likes
user1XqrWF3sEB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Mine has done the same thing cracked around themiddle lens a pefect circle glass is gone, no reason never been dropped was in my pocket pulled it out and was damaged not happy for a phone I paid $1400 for poor design I loved Samsung till this never had an issue 15 years any phone

0 Likes
userV5kySrxxkX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I've had the same issue, it's been in a case that I've used for every other galaxy and none of them ever broke. The lens on the camera had a hairline break within a couple of weeks of me owning it. 

I have VW GTI and the sunroofs have been known to spontaneously crack and explode. Some of the researchers believe it's due to the wide expanse of glass and shape with not enough structural support. Seems to me this might be the same thing.  Perhaps the camera glass to body structure to support it has gone past a safe ratio. 

Hoping my costly insurance will cover manufacturers flawed design.

0 Likes
userjwjx77AMJP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I woke up to the same issue! Went to bed and it was fine. Woke up to find it broken. Phone is less than a month old!