JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created: 06-28-2020 03:51 PM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
657 Replies
user8xXHitgfFv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I had a NOTE 10 that I was superbly happy with.   It was lost and the insurance company, Assurion, did not have anymore so they offered me a Samsung S 20 ultra with a lower memory storage capacity.  I accepted.   The telephone is a beauty.  That said, the camera cracked on a fall, even with a protective case and it could not be repaired so Assurion sent me a replacement.  They neglected to send back the protective case.   Now at work, I dropped my phone a distance of less then 2 feet and I got a hairline crack on the front side edge.   The phone is way too fragile.......I will hope that Samsung will make a sturdier model in the future.   In the meantime, my next phone will be an I Phone.  Even the T Mobile repair store told me I would need to send my phone in for a front glass panel replacement.  That is not acceptable.

0 Likes
userxaaE5p48ny
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Yeah, I had them replace mine and it cracked again in 8 days, I've been extremely careful and I keep the phone in a case at all times.

$109 down the drain.

This is a glass quality issue Samsung needs to fix.

0 Likes
Samsung_ksyCsTd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Bad advice, Rydah.  UBreakIFix says they cannot release phone back after repair because there is a scratch on the zoom.  Scratch does not affect picture quality but UBreakIFix says phone will not pass aperture test without replacement of scratched lens and Samsung does not list a part to fix this and does not indicate it will ever be available.  I cannot do without my phone so sending it to Samsung is no solution.  Given the number of complaints about this issue, the fault is Samsung's for selling a very expensive piece of equipment which cannot as a practical matter, be repaired,

0 Likes
userQ7FmqovjY7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I also had something like that happen. I received my phone on the 3rd of March and 3 days later I set it down on a wood table and picked back up and the something happened. I called Samsung and the wanted me to send my phone in and they would fix it but that would take up to 2 weeks. I bought the protection plan on it but they are giving me the runaround and still haven't done anything.

dasingleton
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey @userQ7FmqovjY7 same here as it relates to Samsung. Now, I am just waiting for the local repair facility to get the necessary camera replacement parts.

0 Likes
Chippy111
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

My camera lens cracked and I didn't drop it. I've seen where it happened to a few people. Something is not right with that lens.

userCj54bpZtdc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

One of the main selling features for the S20 ultra is the camera. After a month of use the camera glass has developed a crack across the back. It has been undropped and in a Samsung case since the first day of use. This phone is way too expensive to have this kind of issue show up so frequently across users and is obviously a design flaw. I've read reports of people paying for the repair and the same thing happening on the second glass.

Unfortunately after being a very verbal supporter, this will be the last samsung phone I buy.

userqstGLSa5Kf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Exactly the same on my S20... No chance of getting a repair either. 

0 Likes
laugher
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20

@BlackOnyx6- what is the glass protecting the cameras at the back? Mine has developed a fracture at the top corner of the camera glass. The good is that it doesn't go across any of the camera lenses. The bad is that its proving to be a common defect across all Samsung S20 Ultra phones.

To me, the glass protecting the cameras looks like a VERY VERY THIN piece of glass and I doubt even putting on the latest Gorilla glass will help. I suspect even Corning will argue that the glass protecting the cameras are not compliant to the standards around thickness when it is required to withstand cracks and fractures.

0 Likes
laugher
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20

Just had another thought. Does the fractured glass mean that the phone will no longer have its waterproof rating and therefore, should be regarded as defective and returned to Samsung for warranty repairs at their cost?

0 Likes