JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera crack

(Topic created: 06-28-2020 03:51 PM)
userzSvVcMtVUD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Does every single Galaxy s20 Ultra get the crack in the back of the camera? Will a camera protector help it from doing so? I use an otterbox defender series pro case and so far, so good. I'm getting my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
658 Replies
Lukester01
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Report this to the BBB and your state AG.  I just got a call from Samsung saying they would fix the phone free of charge after they received a call from Washington State AG.  MAKE A HUGE STINK. If we all make a huge stink then they will relent.  I had sent it in for the finger print sensor failing constantly, and they refused to fix that without me paying for the back of the phone to be fixed (my hairline crack was not even across lenses, and was inconsequential).   

0 Likes
userIytZxtJYS6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My S20 Ultra 512 gb camera broke while in my pocket (it has sustained no prior damage and I did nothing to it). It looks like a bullet hole went through the camera lense. Apparently this is a known issue with the S20 ultra.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-camera-glass-breaking-issue/

I have contacted verizon insurance (asurion) and they sent me a replacement phone. The phone they have sent me as a replacement is the 128 gb version of the phone.  At this point I am extremely upset because I spent $250 on the deductable for a lesser phone than what I already have (not to mention the $1600 I originally spent on the phone).

Apparently 512gb versions of the Ultra are out of stock. Does anybody know when they will restock? Does Samsung not stand behind their products? Does anybody have any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi @userIytZxtJYS6 

Unfortunately I can't offer any advice on the broken glass, but your issues with insurance are not a Samsung issue. You need to call Assurion back and demand they give you the phone they have insured. When they say it's not in stock, they're not talking about Samsung's stock, it's their own. And I assume they want to replace with a refurbished model, but if they don't have it, they should order a new one for you.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

0 Likes
userIytZxtJYS6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

You can't buy the 512 gb version anywhere. Samsung, Verizon, and Best Buy are out of stock. Asurion did offer to cover the charge of buying the phone from a 3rd party website, but have given me no limit for how much they will cover and by what date I will receive a check. I am not prepared to spend $1800-$2000 dollars on a chance to get fully reimbursed.

I am mad at Samsung for them not considering this a valid cause for a device replacement especially when it has happened to other people. If I was to get the phone fixed it would cost upwards of $400. I think this is absolutely ridiculous when I already spent $1600  on the phone. I should not have to pay any money to fix an engineering defect when my device is under warranty. I really like my S20 Ultra, but the amount of stress that the last week has caused has made me reluctant to buy from Samsung ever again.

useroWzzvAzkEb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Add another one to the growing list. Out of the blue a hole above the 2nd camera on the left appeared. No help from Samsung. Phone now useless. lesson learned. So frustrating to deal with support reading from a script that can barely communicate. $1400 phone with this oblivious defect is a slap in the face from Samsung.

S20-Ultra
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20

Can I ask anyone who has the broken camera glass to install "Samsung Phone INFO" app and check the manufacturing date of their phone?

Download app here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo

Mine is April 3rd 2020

I know there are earlier device dates, and it seems those early original devices seem to suffer from way more issues than the newer April released devices

0 Likes
userF6pPiJgsos
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes.  I have my phone is a full protective case and it still broke.  This is poor quality on Samsung's part.   It may take a class action to get their attention.

user4YkgYi00Yi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a call in to my lawyer and forwarded some of the thread. Class action for sure!

user7oLC6dnHXg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here - phone is barely 2 months old and has been in a protective case since day 1 and has never been dropped.

Harline crack across camera window - Samsung (non-warranty as it's classed as impact damage) will cost me £99.

user7ckJJ7ZD9d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

have an issue my s20 ultra rear camera glass just got broken on its own how can I fix this.

George