Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20 Ultra camera crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@david8613 wrote:

mine just went also, so is samsung doing anything about this? how much is it to fix this? i noticed in everyones pics its always breaking on top of lense? very suspsicious. I just got back from ubreakifixit, and they said it will cost 109.00 to replace the whole back panel they don't just replace the lense that covers the cameras. This is a very bad design. Not happy about paying so much for this phone. It should be metal with glass holes over just the lense. 20200727_091250.jpg

Samsung isn't doing anything. I sent mine in for repair and they wanted to charge me $117. I filed some sort of a report to request a further review, they said to wait 48 hours and they'd get back to me. I never heard anything back and they just shipped the phone back to me unrepaired since I didn't pay, and now flagged my phone as out of warranty.

Highlighted
Constellation

My camera lens cracked and I didn't even hit it, seems like its happing to a lot of phones and Samsung is pretending its not a problem and not warranting it

Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy s20 camera glass cracks for no reason

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my Galaxy S20 for about a month, and the camera glass just cracked for no apparent reason.

The phone has been in cover and I have not dropped it or bumped it into anything  - just normal use.

Camera glass seems to be of extremely poor quality, and not suited for even normal careful use of the phone.

Samsung needs to fix this issue. 

Highlighted

Re: Galaxy s20 camera glass cracks for no reason

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I would suggest giving Samsung Technical Support a call, and make them aware of this issue.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sure, but would like to understand how many others are seeing the same problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happened to me too. Just sitting on the table and I actually heard it crack. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The crack doesn't occur from dropping.

I think happens when it heats during wireless charging. Mine cracked within 1 week. I won't buy anything else Samsung until they repair my phone. Shame when you purchase a high end expensive model. Probably make the switch back to Apple.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine broke (hairline crack).  I didnt notice it until my 14 day return period expired.  Return the junk if you can, and contact your state AG.  I got mine fixed that route after they attempted to force me to pay $117 to repair it.

Here is Samsungs response to my AG.  They will probably just remove it again because they, like the Trump admin, want to hide the truth.

Dear Mr. Gantt:
We have received the consumer correspondence filed with your office by Mr. Luke ******
regarding his Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra and respond as follows.
Thank you for giving Samsung an opportunity to respond to Mr. ******’s concerns. We
are proud of our products and customer service, and are eager to hear customer feedback so we
can improve our customer satisfaction. After receiving the above-referenced Washington Office
of the Attorney General correspondence, we promptly contacted Mr. ******* to address his
concerns. On or about July 9, 2020, Mr. ***** accepted our offer of a free-of-charge out-ofwarranty repair for his phone. We therefore consider this matter resolved.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. If you contact us, please refer to
our file number: ********.
Sincerely,
Gabriel Ramos
Litigation Paralegal
g.ramos@partner.sea.samsung.com

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After many weeks of complaints someone from the office of the president of Samsung called me and agreed to repair the phone at no cost. So keep on fighting and hopefully they will help everyone out. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hairline crack realized today. No drop or damage just a fine diagonal hairline crack. Pretty disappointing as I use an Otterbox defender case. Definitely do not agree that these issues should be resolved 3rd party and expenses by customer as it is obviously a weakness in the design of this area on the camera lens housing.  Very thin glass with a ton of surface space doesn't make for a good product as it relates to quality and durability under very gentle use.