cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy s20 camera glass cracks for no reason

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I would suggest giving Samsung Technical Support a call, and make them aware of this issue.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sure, but would like to understand how many others are seeing the same problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happened to me too. Just sitting on the table and I actually heard it crack. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 Ultra camera crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The crack doesn't occur from dropping.

I think happens when it heats during wireless charging. Mine cracked within 1 week. I won't buy anything else Samsung until they repair my phone. Shame when you purchase a high end expensive model. Probably make the switch back to Apple.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine broke (hairline crack).  I didnt notice it until my 14 day return period expired.  Return the junk if you can, and contact your state AG.  I got mine fixed that route after they attempted to force me to pay $117 to repair it.

Here is Samsungs response to my AG.  They will probably just remove it again because they, like the Trump admin, want to hide the truth.

Dear Mr. Gantt:
We have received the consumer correspondence filed with your office by Mr. Luke ******
regarding his Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra and respond as follows.
Thank you for giving Samsung an opportunity to respond to Mr. ******’s concerns. We
are proud of our products and customer service, and are eager to hear customer feedback so we
can improve our customer satisfaction. After receiving the above-referenced Washington Office
of the Attorney General correspondence, we promptly contacted Mr. ******* to address his
concerns. On or about July 9, 2020, Mr. ***** accepted our offer of a free-of-charge out-ofwarranty repair for his phone. We therefore consider this matter resolved.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. If you contact us, please refer to
our file number: ********.
Sincerely,
Gabriel Ramos
Litigation Paralegal
g.ramos@partner.sea.samsung.com

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After many weeks of complaints someone from the office of the president of Samsung called me and agreed to repair the phone at no cost. So keep on fighting and hopefully they will help everyone out. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hairline crack realized today. No drop or damage just a fine diagonal hairline crack. Pretty disappointing as I use an Otterbox defender case. Definitely do not agree that these issues should be resolved 3rd party and expenses by customer as it is obviously a weakness in the design of this area on the camera lens housing.  Very thin glass with a ton of surface space doesn't make for a good product as it relates to quality and durability under very gentle use. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do not have an Ultra yet, but what i have seen on some of the pictures (for example hole on the main lens) it looks like that the main lens is zooming to far (in or out) and the lens is hitting the glass.
Conclusion for me: It's an designfault, the space between lens and glass is too narrow.
My oldest samsung i sometimes use is a Galaxy Mega 6.3 and the cameraglass is still good (some scratches but not on part of the lens).

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung does not care about their customers and faulty product. Do not get the S20.... the camera glass cracks. I have had mine for less than a month and went to take a picture and the glass shattered. Didn't drop it or anything. Just took a picture. Sent my phone into Samsung and they say I need to pay to replace their faulty product after I already just paid 1,400.  Buy something else. IMG_6602.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My glass cracked on way home from work last night it was in my pocked did not get dropped or hit.

I took it to a Samsung store here in London this morning pretty much got called a liar and that the damage can only have been done by me dropping it and they would give me a repaire quote as the warranty was now void.

I pointed them to this thread and others to show them it was a faulty eith tje phone but they just spouted the same rubbish  that there is no issue and I muxst have drooped it.

IMG-20200804-WA0000.jpg

EE here in the UK replaced my phone for me after Samsung lied about doing the repaire FoC.

the Agent that both me and EE spoke to claimed he booked a FoC repaire.

when I called back later to changed the collection day the Agent said it was booked as a chargeable repaire as the phone had slipped out of my hand something I had never said.

still waiting for complaints or a manager to get in touch with me 3 days late.

back to Apple for me Samsung are a joke