cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Manufacturing/ Engineering Defect- S20 Camera Glass Explosion

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I know what you mean. Such a shame though. I was really looking forward to having this phone.
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Manufacturing/ Engineering Defect- S20 Camera Glass Explosion

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The S20 is a lemon. Once you get over the camera glass issue and if you decide to pay to get it fixed, fixed via your insurance provider if you had the phone insured or fixed from warranty (Samsung seems to be picky about who they choose to cover), you will soon find out their camera is rubbish anyway. Lots of discussion about both but for reference, here are the main threads I've been watching recently.

Cracked Camera Glass Issue

S20 Camera vs Mid Range Pixel 4a Camera

Highlighted
Halo

Re: Manufacturing/ Engineering Defect- S20 Camera Glass Explosion

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That second one is my thread.  Yes the camera absolutely is rubbish.  I'm going to do a quick comparison between the S20 and Pixel 5 as well before I ship out my S20 for trade in.  I'll add it to that thread for reference.  It's really ashame the colors are so awful on the S20.  Pictures often look good, but it isn't a true representation of what you are actually looking at.  Really disappointed with Samsung and they've had months to fix the software...doesn't seem like a priority though.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 Ultra camera crack

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine shattered after being in my pocket I had it out had it wasnt broken no issues I put it in my pocket drove 2 min away got out to take some photos and the glass is shattered, didnt drop didnt sit on anything weird that even could hurt the glass.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It is ridiculous that Samsung is not responding for this issue. I've had the Galaxy s20 ultra for about 6 months and I find a crack on my camera without EVER dropping my phone and always keeping it in a case. Called Samsung and they said they couldn't do much but to send it over and it would take 5 days, or option #2 to go to a Ubreak we fix store and fix it there. I'm having to pay out my own pocket to get this fixed. Its really upsetting to be paying for supposed quality and not getting what you expect. Samsung you have really disappointed me. Highly upset
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The S20 Ultra 5G is the biggest disappointing phone Samsung ever made. I have used S7 through S20Ultra every single phone in between with annual upgrades all unlocked. The camera on my phone cracked without even dropping it anywhere. I always use a Samsung official case. which is highly unsafe for the protruding camera. I hope I never have to go back to Samsung for a new phone ever again. This is a total nightmare.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am glad I am not the only one that grabbed their phone and noticed this after not dropping it.  I will get this repaired, and since I have not even had it a week, I will be returning it.

After the “water detected in the charging port” bug my S10 5G had and now this, I am not so sure I want to buy another Samsung if they are not going to fix bugs or design issues!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IMG_7993.jpg

Same thing here... Any free on warranty repair?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@samsung I haven't dropped my phone or anything. I picked it up yesterday and there is a giant hole in the camera! Very upset, especially since I just convinced my husband to convert from iPhone to Samsung.51911.jpeg

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow... this problem with the camera glass breaking should not be happening!  I hope Samsung does something to cover the repair under the warranty.

I have 2 questions.  Does this same problem affect the Galaxy S20+?    And it appears that most of the cases I see in the pics w/ the Ultra have the cases that actually goes above the glass, meaning the glass is actually "below" the edge of the case.  Is this correct?  I have a "Speck" case on my S20+ and the glass is recessed down a bit from the edge of the case.  I'm hoping this is enough to protect the camera glass.

Thanks for any info on this!