Original topic:

S20 Ultra camera focusing issues

(Topic created: 04-30-2020 03:26 PM)
dannyzak
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

My s20 Ultra has some major focusing issues. Any image withing a feet or two is really hard to capture sharp. the focus is trying hard but it misses most of the time, maybe 1 out of 10 images is good. my s10 took amazing photos. i contacted samsung and they are sending me to ifixit lol really samsung? you think they will be able to help me? funny.... i guess this will be my last samsung phone. a $1,400 phone in 2020 and cant take a good image / cant even focus on an image... just sad, sad samsung. very disappointed. 

usereEWdd4F5vS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same boat here!!  I hate this phone, the camera is not working at all.  Auto focus is broken, video recording are stuttering and missing frames.  It's a real joke if you want my opinion.  

If you call support, they don't  have a clue as they are like robots with a sheet with pre-answers to various customer questions.  If you ask a question they can't answer, like ours, they just "blue screen" like Windows XP.

I also don't know how to get my money back.  <edit>  If you read my post, you will also see that it's not only affecting the S20 Ultra (video skipping frames), but the previous Galaxy as well.   For the auto-focus, it's worst on that phone for sure.  No questions.  I am coming from Apple before this phone and man, it was a mistake leaving them.  The selling point for me was the notch on the screen, 4K 60FPS and 8K recording.  None of this work.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

S20 ultra.

• The camera today it was noticed that the 3:4 108MP camera saves in the gallery a significantly lower quailty image. Its a very lossy compression, like one might have seen from the 90's.  Last night my phone did an update. I not sure if this is the cause.  The file size of images taken today were around 12MB, verse one in the past that were +40MB. I crop and attached one of the images. What in the world changed this camera from one that was very impressive to something totally degrade.20200508_150321.jpg
0 Likes
userqzyy4mP7Zf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My phone has gone through 2 updates and my camera is still terrible. I have been working from home and use my phone to create PDF images for work of files and printed documents. My S10+ never had an issue. The S20 Ultra 512GB version that I paid over $1600 cannot take a decent up close photo of text without making it look like someone smeared vasaline all over the lens. Please help. I have tried clearing cache and data. I tried different Camera apps and even spoke to technical support. When is the next camera update? When will this issue be fixed? 

LouCap
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Excellent question...when???

Samsung_rLGLQZW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

This camera is so bad you need a seeing eye dog and a stick to take photos. Just terrible. It was the big selling point in the roll out. My S-10+ was way better

SamOzy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung please fix the auto focus on the camera it's really annoying when your $1,399 dollar phone can't do it 😑

0 Likes
ZantannaPW
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Ok unfortunately Samsung is not going to fix the s20 ultra camera issues I/we have waited for months for the issue to be corrected and is sad but after having faith in all samsung products from TV's Soundbars, Blu Rays and Phones in my home. I am ready to say after paying so much for a flagship phone and waiting for a fix for it. I have totally lost faith in Samsungs Products and will no longer praise them (Samsung Products) on my radio station, As it makes me look bad also for telling my listeners how good they are. Thank you for wasting myt $ on a product you dont support SAMSUNG .

bery1001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

So sad man..  I know exactly what you mean on close ups and how frustrating it is.  I wish I could post of a picture of the best close up shot I can possibly get sometimes and how the edges are STILL blurry after about a minute of trying to focus on anything at all.  So so bad.  I can't even believe how Samsung released this phone with a camera like this.  This has to hurt them when such a loyal customer like myself is even considering moving over to iPhone or anything else at this point.

0 Likes
Samsung_OWvguN5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

The April update did nothing to improve my Ultra.  I have so many focusing issues with it.   Most of my photos are taken from more than 2 feet away from the subject, yet you can see that it is not clear if you zoom in on the photo.   When the camera does work, it takes beautiful pictures, but unfortunately I am more often left frustrated.   (I also "cleared my cache" and that didn't work.)   The only reason I  scraped up the money to purchase this phone is because I love taking photos so much and I mistakenly listened to the hype.   I miss my Note 8.   I  have been loyal to Samsung for years, even through the flaming battery incident, but this one is definitely turning me away.   If they can't do anything to improve the focus soon, I will never trust Samsung again.   I can't express fully just how disappointed I am.  Now I'm stuck with this phone until it's paid off. 

ZantannaPW
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here . I feel your pain........ Good Luck

0 Likes