cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S20 ultra: Camera is so bad, is there anyway to gef rid of it?

I've had almost every Samsung smartphone the past 7 years.... I've loved every one. I was honestly a fan boy. Then I ended up getting the s20 ultra, and.... well the camera is so bad I can't stand this phone. Even after 3 software updates (I would argue they made it worse)

I used an iPhone SE for comparison and well, it completely blew the s20 out of the water in image quality. A phone that cost $1,000 less......

Needless to say I'm disenchanted with Samsung now, and I just want out..... is there way way to do this? I tried to return to where I bought it and they said Verizon would not allow a return....

I contacted Samsung support and they said I'm out of luck..... so I'm seeing if there's anyway to get this worked out. I hate this phone. 

I can't afford to just pay off $1,200 up front and sell it on eBay or anything either. I'm just stuck and feel helpless. Samsung won't help or even hear me. Or care. Does anyone have any help?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 ultra: is there anyway to gef rid of it?

I hate this phone too. I would take my 8 back in a minute. I work for a software company and seems like they were forced to release this phone too soon without doing all the proper testing. We're going to deal with a few more months of patches.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Take it into any phone store and you'll get a hefty trade-in for whatever you want.   It's not 100% but few things in life work out exactly the way we want them. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

You'll have to pay off the phone before you'll be able to do anything with it. The quality of the camera is subjective. But keep in mind everything else you will sacrifice switching completely to your SE.

Customization, multitasking capabilities, security, versatility, free apps, Samsung Pay, Samsung DeX, 5G service, display, Sound Quality, Storage, and Ecosystem.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@MattDeezly 

Did Verizon and a retailer refuse a return because it was outside the return window? I'm sorry, but selling it yourself is the only option, at this point. Usually a return window for cell phones is 14 days, and that should be more than enough time to figure out if you like the phone or not. Like another user said, the camera quality is subjective. I personally went back to a Note 10+, and the camera was not really the reason, but it did contribute a bit. Still, there are thousands of people that love it, and many reviews give the camera high scores.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

Same boat here!!  I hate this phone, the camera is not working at all.  Auto focus is broken, video recording are stuttering and missing frames.  It's a real joke if you want my opinion.  

If you call support, they don't  have a clue as they are like robots with a sheet with pre-answers to various customer questions.  If you ask a question they can't answer, like ours, they just "blue screen" like Windows XP.

I also don't know how to get my money back.  <edit>  If you read my post, you will also see that it's not only affecting the S20 Ultra (video skipping frames), but the previous Galaxy as well.   For the auto-focus, it's worst on that phone for sure.  No questions.  I am coming from Apple before this phone and man, it was a mistake leaving them.  The selling point for me was the notch on the screen, 4K 60FPS and 8K recording.  None of this work.

Highlighted

S20 ultra Lossy compression

S20 ultra.

• The camera today it was noticed that the 3:4 108MP camera saves in the gallery a significantly lower quailty image. Its a very lossy compression, like one might have seen from the 90's.  Last night my phone did an update. I not sure if this is the cause.  The file size of images taken today were around 12MB, verse one in the past that were +40MB. I crop and attached one of the images. What in the world changed this camera from one that was very impressive to something totally degrade.20200508_150321.jpg
Highlighted
Constellation

S20 Ultra focus problems

My phone has gone through 2 updates and my camera is still terrible. I have been working from home and use my phone to create PDF images for work of files and printed documents. My S10+ never had an issue. The S20 Ultra 512GB version that I paid over $1600 cannot take a decent up close photo of text without making it look like someone smeared vasaline all over the lens. Please help. I have tried clearing cache and data. I tried different Camera apps and even spoke to technical support. When is the next camera update? When will this issue be fixed? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20 Ultra focus problems

Excellent question...when???

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S20 Ultra focus problems

This camera is so bad you need a seeing eye dog and a stick to take photos. Just terrible. It was the big selling point in the roll out. My S-10+ was way better