cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S20 Ultra camera focusing issues

Fully agreed. Just bought the S20U and honestly a piece of garbage! Samsung fix your 

@dannyzak wrote:

My s20 Ultra has some major focusing issues. Any image withing a feet or two is really hard to capture sharp. the focus is trying hard but it misses most of the time, maybe 1 out of 10 images is good. my s10 took amazing photos. i contacted samsung and they are sending me to ifixit lol really samsung? you think they will be able to help me? funny.... i guess this will be my last samsung phone. a $1,400 phone in 2020 and cant take a good image / cant even focus on an image... just sad, sad samsung. very disappointed. 

@dannyzak wrote:

My s20 Ultra has some major focusing issues. Any image withing a feet or two is really hard to capture sharp. the focus is trying hard but it misses most of the time, maybe 1 out of 10 images is good. my s10 took amazing photos. i contacted samsung and they are sending me to ifixit lol really samsung? you think they will be able to help me? funny.... i guess this will be my last samsung phone. a $1,400 phone in 2020 and cant take a good image / cant even focus on an image... just sad, sad samsung. very disappointed. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 Ultra camera focusing issues

I'm having the same issue. I missed precious moments just waiting for the camera to focus. I regret my decision to buy S20 Ultra. No update will be able to fix the camera, It is hardware issue. Samsung should issue a recall. 

Highlighted
Constellation

S20 Ultra camera awful, phone overall disappointment

I've owned S series Galaxy phones since the S2 and this has by far been my biggest disappointment in a phone.  Camera quality is worse than past three phones I've owned at leastaleast the focus is just awful for the S20 Ultra that I own now.  Sometimes I can't even get it to focus at all and usually takes at least a few seconds which ruins many great shots as we all know.  Can't seem to focus on entire close up shots.  Still showing blurred edges to some degree that I never noticed on any of the other Samsung phones I've owned.  No other major issues, but doesn't seem any faster and sometimes even more lag than my S10 had.  Will try at least one more year of Samsung phones but if this level of disappointment continues, I will for sure be looking elsewhere.

Spoiler

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 Ultra camera awful, phone overall disappointment

A total waste of money, if not for the locked would have returned the phone as a total waste of money .... Camera focus is zero , the camera can't scan any bar code with repeated trials and time wasted. My old iPhone xr does the scan in a jiffy. The last S9 I used never gave such issues. The finger print sensor is also slowy and won't even bother about the face unlock ,the sensor never works 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S20 Ultra camera awful, phone overall disappointment

Not giving up my s10 plus . Bought it March last year . The best phone ever .

Highlighted
Constellation

S20 ultra: Camera is so bad, is there anyway to gef rid of it?

I've had almost every Samsung smartphone the past 7 years.... I've loved every one. I was honestly a fan boy. Then I ended up getting the s20 ultra, and.... well the camera is so bad I can't stand this phone. Even after 3 software updates (I would argue they made it worse)

I used an iPhone SE for comparison and well, it completely blew the s20 out of the water in image quality. A phone that cost $1,000 less......

Needless to say I'm disenchanted with Samsung now, and I just want out..... is there way way to do this? I tried to return to where I bought it and they said Verizon would not allow a return....

I contacted Samsung support and they said I'm out of luck..... so I'm seeing if there's anyway to get this worked out. I hate this phone. 

I can't afford to just pay off $1,200 up front and sell it on eBay or anything either. I'm just stuck and feel helpless. Samsung won't help or even hear me. Or care. Does anyone have any help?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 ultra: is there anyway to gef rid of it?

I hate this phone too. I would take my 8 back in a minute. I work for a software company and seems like they were forced to release this phone too soon without doing all the proper testing. We're going to deal with a few more months of patches.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Take it into any phone store and you'll get a hefty trade-in for whatever you want.   It's not 100% but few things in life work out exactly the way we want them. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

You'll have to pay off the phone before you'll be able to do anything with it. The quality of the camera is subjective. But keep in mind everything else you will sacrifice switching completely to your SE.

Customization, multitasking capabilities, security, versatility, free apps, Samsung Pay, Samsung DeX, 5G service, display, Sound Quality, Storage, and Ecosystem.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@MattDeezly 

Did Verizon and a retailer refuse a return because it was outside the return window? I'm sorry, but selling it yourself is the only option, at this point. Usually a return window for cell phones is 14 days, and that should be more than enough time to figure out if you like the phone or not. Like another user said, the camera quality is subjective. I personally went back to a Note 10+, and the camera was not really the reason, but it did contribute a bit. Still, there are thousands of people that love it, and many reviews give the camera high scores.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1