cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20 Ultra camera is TERRIBLE

Yes. Its hard to believe this is $2000 2020 model phone. I upgraded from an iPhone 6s. Without a word of a lie (besides the zoom capabilities) my outdated iPhone takes better images in all lighting conditions. I will be returning this phone if an update is not released to fix this. I'm sure lots of others will too... I really hope they do fix it though. As I love the phone itself. Just the camera is not what was stated in advertisements 

Highlighted
Constellation

In low light this phone just can't focus. Tap the screen or not it just can't focus. 

I mostly use for my business taking photos of items I sell on ebay and this is a step back in quality of my old S10plus. It took better photos.

I feel like I have made a Terrible mistake.

The camera update will have to be huge to rectify the problems this phone has. First time ever I have been disappointed by a Samsung phone and I have had every flagship since the S5. 

Also the battery is no better than my S10 plus

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung employs aggressive noise reduction in every photo it takes,  even those taken in bright outdoors. Over that it adds heavy sharpening. This results in extremely weird looking photos. These two elements are like oil and water. They don't mix in photography. To retain natural textures and details, a little bit of noise must be retained. Samsung makes very weird decisions in thei image processing algorithms. Oversharpening, overexposure and heavy noise reduction is the norm. It's always been like that and is not likely to change in the future. Samsung may fix the focus issues on the Ultra, improve zoom etc. But they will stick to this kind of awful image processing. I don’t see that ever changing. I absolutely regret my purchase of the S20 Ultra... and it is the Exynos variant. It’s a total, unmitigated disaster.

Highlighted
Asteroid

See if you have any fliters or the scene optimizer turn on...  if so, turn if off and see if there's some improvement

Highlighted
Asteroid

yes have done. Thank you though! Any tips are welcome at this point cause I want to throw it in the bin lol

Highlighted
Constellation

This youtube video describes my issues with my S20 Ultra. Well, some of the issues actually. I'm very disappointed that in most shots, it appears the note 10+ or even s20+ is better than the ultra. The focusing issues haven't been fixed for me but the biggest problem is the lack of dynamic range, color science, lack of sharpness except in centre, poor low light, and extreme "beauty" effect on faces compared to my iphone. I returned my iphone 11 pro for the s20 ultra thinking it would blow it away but I've been very disappointed so I returned my s20 ultra too. If future software updates can make the camera significantly better than the note 10 I would be happy to purchase again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXkHS2dSzWA

Is the S20 Ultra REALLY the best Samsung phone for Photos & Video? You might be shocked! I would buy THIS Phone ➡ https://geni.us/u9CL S20 Ultra vs Note 10+ ...
Constellation

Yeaah way to much noise in standard photos, was noticeably worse than my s9 🤬

Highlighted
Constellation

I agree 100%...I just removed the beauty filter, which apparently was on by default, and it helped tremendously.   Also, I notice that the 3:4 108mp images are always soft and digitized sonI never use it at all.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi, Same issue here. For a phone that was advertised as "game changing" in the camera department, this is unacceptable. My friends with older phones take much better pictures up close. It is ridiculous. Samsung - Please address immediately or refund us for this phone!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hey,

Did you ever resolve this?  I have just purchased the S20+ and didn't see this beforehand.  I am having the exact same issue.  Every photo taken of my 1 year old comes out with a slight blur just like yours almost as though i'm not holding the camera still when taking but it happens even in perfect daylight shots.  My Huawei P20 pro and my wifes Pixel 3XL takes way better shots in every scenario other than night mode shots. I can't understand all the rave youtube reviews of the camera that ultimately led me to choose the Galaxy S20+ over the Pixel, Xiaomi, oppo, oneplus or any other phone.  Are all the latest phones out really this much worse than those from that last few years.