cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 Ultra camera is TERRIBLE

Seriously. Is anyone else's ultra adding this much digitalisation to their images? I bought this phone for the camera. It has ruined all of my family holiday photos.... without knowing! 

Images look amazing througg the 'viewfinder' but every single time after the photo is captured. The software adds this layering of effects and smoothing and ever photo looks like a water painting.... 

Please help samsung!!! 20200313_103818.jpg

20200313_103821.jpg

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S20 Ultra camera is TERRIBLE

Check out the settings. Play around in there.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Been through everything. Extensively. Wish there was a setting to remove this!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Agreed - very poor quality photos and much detail (sharpness retention) is lost when zooming in.

Not with $1400, $900 at maximum

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Their should be an update soon to fix some things.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Is this just speculation? Or has samsung confirmed this?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Not a speculation, it's already out in South Korea and people are reporting improvements, but idk if it fixes everything. Some things might be hardware related. I don't have a phone myself yet to test, but some people are saying the camera is very good if you "know what you're doing"... whatever that means. I assume you can get some great results in the Pro mode. Yes it should be just as capable as other S20 models, I agree, and when they update it, we should see some big improvements.

Honestly it's hard to comment without a phone. I see some amazing looking pictures coming from these phones, but I also see some very bad ones:/

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Astronaut

Change your shutter speed and also tap the screen before you take a pic it works on my note 10 plus and my old galaxy s8+ to focus the camera

Highlighted
Asteroid

The camera is in focus when shots are taken. It adds effects over the image afterwards... images look amazing through display while taking the images. Then they get digitised 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm right there with you . I'm very much regretting my purchase.  All my pictures look terrible . Doesn't capture children or pets good at all and the main reason I got the ultra was for capturing moments of my nieces and my baby grandson  . So disappointed. Most pics are blurry or smoothed over and night time photography is a joke.  Let's hope they fix it soon !